Is the UK still a country of animal lovers?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by sallyanne09, Nov 23, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Animals are most popular in Derbyshire and Wales.
  2. I hope the evil bastard gets what he deserves: a slap on the wrist and 12 hours Community Service.
  3. Unlike in Ireland the stupid ones with the furry faces are pampered in England as in nowhere else in europe, hence the outsized outrage at binned kitties etc. You can hardly walk a dog without some overly affectionate retard engaging in foreplay with it. If only the English were as interested in other people.
  4. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Well tbh one can get on pretty well with most dogs, cats, horses etc - most people pretty much suck.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. That might be because the cats and dogs are more intelligent than the people.
  6. What makes you think we ever were a country of animal lovers (in the non perv sense of course)?

Bear baiting, ratting, fox hunting, badger baiting, hare coursing, the glorious 12th and countless other ways of killing animals have been a celebrated and much enjoyed part of the UK life for hundreds of years.
  7. I have often thought that if cattle were used/owned as domestic animals and dogs were kept in packs in fields for meat, what would be the attitude of people then? A question of perception I think. I don't 'love' domestic animals, I keep and nurture them for company [cat] and guard work [dog].
  8. You might look at the preponderance of Animal Rights nutters in England compared with anywhere else in the world.

The place is full of vengeful vegans boo hooing over lab rodents while folk are dying of diseases a decent Biotech sector might find a cure for. It's not new either The Society for the Protection of Animals Liable to Vivisection was founded in 1875 in London the worlds first such organization.
  9. Maybe the thread should be titled "Is the UK still a country of animal rights nutters"? :)

10. That's cos it was cheaper than using people and only half the cost, remember, cuts are not a modern problem.
  11. I love animals!

I love beef, lamb, chicken, rabbit, pork, venison and duck! You can shove pheasant up your arse smells nasty!!
  12. i get a lot of grief over my hunting, but in all honestly i love animals, and thats not to just say they are good to eat and have nice warm furry skins.......

....... anyway its thier own fault for tasting so good.
    • Like Like x 2