• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Is the UK still a country of animal lovers?

Unlike in Ireland the stupid ones with the furry faces are pampered in England as in nowhere else in europe, hence the outsized outrage at binned kitties etc. You can hardly walk a dog without some overly affectionate retard engaging in foreplay with it. If only the English were as interested in other people.

What makes you think we ever were a country of animal lovers (in the non perv sense of course)?

Bear baiting, ratting, fox hunting, badger baiting, hare coursing, the glorious 12th and countless other ways of killing animals have been a celebrated and much enjoyed part of the UK life for hundreds of years.

I have often thought that if cattle were used/owned as domestic animals and dogs were kept in packs in fields for meat, what would be the attitude of people then? A question of perception I think. I don't 'love' domestic animals, I keep and nurture them for company [cat] and guard work [dog].

What makes you think we ever were a country of animal lovers (in the non perv sense of course)?
You might look at the preponderance of Animal Rights nutters in England compared with anywhere else in the world.

The place is full of vengeful vegans boo hooing over lab rodents while folk are dying of diseases a decent Biotech sector might find a cure for. It's not new either The Society for the Protection of Animals Liable to Vivisection was founded in 1875 in London the worlds first such organization.

You might look at the preponderance of Animal Rights nutters in England compared with anywhere else in the world.

The place is full of vengeful vegans boo hooing over lab rodents while folk are dying of diseases a decent Biotech sector might find a cure for. It's not new either The Society for the Protection of Animals Liable to Vivisection was founded in 1875 in London the worlds first such organization.
Maybe the thread should be titled "Is the UK still a country of animal rights nutters"? :)

Bear baiting, ratting, fox hunting, badger baiting, hare coursing, the glorious 12th and countless other ways of killing animals have been a celebrated and much enjoyed part of the UK life for hundreds of years.

That's cos it was cheaper than using people and only half the cost, remember, cuts are not a modern problem.

UK are animal lovers. So is the US. Both love eating tastey animals.
i get a lot of grief over my hunting, but in all honestly i love animals, and thats not to just say they are good to eat and have nice warm furry skins.......

....... anyway its thier own fault for tasting so good.

Latest Threads