Is the UGL still in service?

Hey everyone!

First of all I just thought I'd let you all know that I'm a newbie to this site, and so far it seems great!

I'm only 14, so of course - like everyone - I'll make mistakes. However I might make more than you!

Anyway, I have a question.

What's happened to the AG36 Underslung Grenade Launcher?

I mean, I play close attention to the media, and over the past few months I haven't seen any in up-coming material. Has the introduction of new weapons diminished UGL numbers, or has updates on the L85a2 changed something?

I hope someone will help me out!

Thank you!

Steven :)

welcome, I think its still in uses but im not 100% sure.Check it out on the army website in the equipment section

Oh okay!
Thanks for that!

Also, sorry if I'm dragging on, but does anyone know how many UGLs are in each section? Is it 1 or 2?
Between 0 and 100 per section. Any more operationally sensitive info you'd like?

In an infantry section one ugl per fireteam on tour. We don't use them other than that unless on. Pre deployment training. Although that's my battalion sop I can't speak for everyone

Deleting your posts. There's the sign of a real man.

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
He obviously makes a habit of being a cock.

Cooke, He bleated about someone giving supposedly secret info ie Opsec. It wasnt, its widely available in the public domain (hint you could have found it yourself :) )

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
carlbcfc The NAAFI Bar 29
S The NAAFI Bar 48
Mighty_doh_nut Now That's What I Call NAAFI Bar 89