Is the site running slow?

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Monty417, Aug 28, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It's taking ages for a page to load or to post just now, with both Chrome and Firefox.

Is this just happening to me? Although I'm not having a problem anywhere else on the net.
  2. Have you got FB up at the same time?

It hangs for me when both windows are open.
  3. N-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-ot t-ha-a-a-a-a-a-a-at I'''''''''''''''''''''''''''ve n-o-o-o-o-o-oti-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-ice-e-e-e-e-d. Wh-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y
    d-o-o-o-o-o-o-o y-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-u a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-ask?
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Would that have worked better in red crayon?

5. No, don't use it.

Must be just me then.
  6. You must be the only ****** who doesn't.

Next you will be telling me that Sluggy doesn't ring you at 1:13 AM after half a box of Lidl hock.
  7. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Definitely a bit of lag tonight. Seems only to affect clicking on a new topic for me; once on the thread it's fine but they're taking up to seven seconds* to open initially.

*If I'd foretold me typing that ten years ago I'd have slapped myself. Seven seconds on dial up would have been akin to greased lightning.
    • Like Like x 5
  8. Thanks for that. Similar with me so thought I'd ask.
  9. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

yes it has been slow the last 2 nights. We've been busier than normal and pushing the limits a bit.
  10. Schmumsnet?
  11. Arrse is the only place I use and that's getting less.

That's a bit early for Sluggy.
  12. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Actually an interesting answer to "Is ARRSE Dying" - well yes, but through increased usage - again!
    • Like Like x 1
  13. I'm not sure about the site, but I was running uber slow tonight; the first after summer leave und beers!
  14. But there are only 715 users at the moment as opposed to over 8000 one night last November.
  15. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Don't believe the stats. It's very very vague - someone is only ever online on the site for a couple of seconds while he requests and is served a page. How long after that do you wait and still consider him to be online? 5 minutes, 10 minutes, an hour? The number of people online depends on which of those you choose and in some circumstances how well the server is working at serving requests. All in all rubbish stats.
    • Like Like x 1