Is the RAMC still recruiting BMS?

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by commonwealthsoldier, Jul 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

I have been trying to join the RAMC as a BMS but need an RAMC recruiting officer to give me the OK before my application can proceed. However, the local AFCO have been pushing for a reply from him for about 1 month already but apparently there has been no reply.

Does anyone know what is happening on that front?

:cry:

2. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Have you tried asking your AFCO to call the recruiting office?

3. Yes, they have been calling. Apparently, emails have been sent too.

4. Currently the Army will be recruiting maybe 1 possibly 2 BMS a year due to the success of the last recruitment drive, we are headed towards 38 BMS within the AMS if they all pass the degree.

We are manned for 29 BMS slots so having already had the qualification may not necessarily get you onto the course, it will be down to the interview you have with the head of CEG. The only reason we will be taking people on is to replace the man power that will be lost over the next years due to people coming to the end of their time.

Hope this answers your question, if not feel free to pm for any further details.

Steve

5. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

You know that for definite, do you?

6. I asked the AFCO about this and was told specifically that they will send emails to push things along as emails will be received unlike phone messages.

7. Ah thanks for that! I will confirm and then look at other options.

8. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Why won't phone messages be received?

9. That is a good question. The AFCO told me that several messages have been left but there has been no reply. I thought perhaps the RAMC weren't recruiting anymore and therefore could not be bothered to reply? - hence this thread!

10. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

I only ask because I've shown this thread to the individual involved and he thinks your AFCO is telling porkies. PM me your details and I will pass them on.

11. I may be being a bit thick here (my brain's fried from revision), but what's a BMS?

Ta muchly!

12. I think they might be trying to fill DUI LAI's old position, but no-one meets the same exacting high standards as he did.

Editted to add...I've just been diagnosed as a compulsive liar !!!!!

13. BMS is Biomedical Scientist.