Is the RAMC still recruiting BMS?

Hi all,

I have been trying to join the RAMC as a BMS but need an RAMC recruiting officer to give me the OK before my application can proceed. However, the local AFCO have been pushing for a reply from him for about 1 month already but apparently there has been no reply.

Does anyone know what is happening on that front?

:cry:

Currently the Army will be recruiting maybe 1 possibly 2 BMS a year due to the success of the last recruitment drive, we are headed towards 38 BMS within the AMS if they all pass the degree.

We are manned for 29 BMS slots so having already had the qualification may not necessarily get you onto the course, it will be down to the interview you have with the head of CEG. The only reason we will be taking people on is to replace the man power that will be lost over the next years due to people coming to the end of their time.

Hope this answers your question, if not feel free to pm for any further details.

Steve

Forastero

LE
commonwealthsoldier said:
Forastero said:
Have you tried asking your AFCO to call the recruiting office?
Yes, they have been calling. Apparently, emails have been sent too.
You know that for definite, do you?

cherryviper said:
Currently the Army will be recruiting maybe 1 possibly 2 BMS a year due to the success of the last recruitment drive, we are headed towards 38 BMS within the AMS if they all pass the degree.

We are manned for 29 BMS slots so having already had the qualification may not necessarily get you onto the course, it will be down to the interview you have with the head of CEG. The only reason we will be taking people on is to replace the man power that will be lost over the next years due to people coming to the end of their time.

Hope this answers your question, if not feel free to pm for any further details.

Steve
Ah thanks for that! I will confirm and then look at other options.

Forastero

LE
Forastero said:
Forastero said:
I asked the AFCO about this and was told specifically that they will send emails to push things along as emails will be received unlike phone messages.
Why won't phone messages be received?

Forastero said:
Forastero said:
Forastero said:
I asked the AFCO about this and was told specifically that they will send emails to push things along as emails will be received unlike phone messages.
Why won't phone messages be received?
That is a good question. The AFCO told me that several messages have been left but there has been no reply. I thought perhaps the RAMC weren't recruiting anymore and therefore could not be bothered to reply? - hence this thread!

Forastero

LE
I only ask because I've shown this thread to the individual involved and he thinks your AFCO is telling porkies. PM me your details and I will pass them on.

I may be being a bit thick here (my brain's fried from revision), but what's a BMS?

Ta muchly!