• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Is the r sigs museum the worst museum do you know of worse

Is This the worst museum ever

• leave them alone it was nice of them to donate the fire rover to the guard room

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yes

• no

• Total voters
Actually mate it is without a doubt the best Royal Signals Museum that I have ever seen.

Any comparisons before the chuntering begins????

G3Ops said:
Actually mate it is without a doubt the best Royal Signals Museum that I have ever seen.

Any comparisons before the chuntering begins???? :?
pmsl a good point, it's just whenever i'm in there it reminds me of my cr's.

Must try harder to reach full potential

smoojalooge said:
G3Ops said:

Any comparisons before the chuntering begins???? :?
pmsl a good point, it's just whenever i'm in there it reminds me of my cr's.

Must try harder to reach full potential
Calm down smoojalooge there's no way any museum could be as bad as your CR's. :lol:

Ok Smoojy why dont you tell us what you feel is wrong with the Corps museum and what would you like to see changed (bulldozed for more parking is not the answer!)

:wink:

The only reason you got a good cr is cos they didn't take your bpfa score into account:twisted:

and i wasn't counting my last cr cos the museum doesn't deserve that much slating

G3Ops and smoojalooge baiting aside

I always felt the museum was very old fashioned, everything crammed into glass cases and stuck behind velvet ropes. Real estate is a major issue and everything could do with beink spread out. The Cr@ppy kit situated around the place could do with replacing and the general atmosphere inside could do with brightening up. It seems boring because it looks boring. I'd like to know how many visitors it attracts a year though.

Thebull140 said:
G3Ops and smoojalooge baiting aside

I always felt the museum was very old fashioned, everything crammed into glass cases and stuck behind velvet ropes. Real estate is a major issue and everything could do with beink spread out. The Cr@ppy kit situated around the place could do with replacing and the general atmosphere inside could do with brightening up. It seems boring because it looks boring. I'd like to know how many visitors it attracts a year though.
covers a large chunk of the problem most museum are now far more interactive. plus there is a lot that in there not relevant to the corps and lot of random bits of scrap metal lying around ( and i don't mean the 43 outside)

Thebull140 said:
G3Ops said:
.............and the Yeoman Burgers taste fcuk all like a Yeoman :lol: :lol:
And how do you know what a Yeoman tastes like?????
You know how it goes, quiet on shift in the Ops cell, somethings got to happen to while the hours away :wink:

Boney

p.s. the Museum is fine and dandy - a smile out of the girls in the cafe wouldnt go amis, and turn that bloody looped tape of morse off.

:( Ok, so the Corps museum does leave a little to be desired. The problem I have found is that Jo Public doesn't like going through the hassle of the grumpy MGS bloke taking their photo, or the chance encounter with numerous schoolboy soldiers who seem to loiter in the museum shop/entrance. We had some friends who visited and experienced both of the above. They enjoyed the museum but felt uncomfortable when NAAFI break turned into a feeding frenzy and they were asked if they'd finished as "I've got lessons to go too and need a brew first". Surely the museum can do a little better - cant they? :cry:

We are not a sexy Corps, we communicate. Therefore it's inevitable that the Corps Museum isn't full of Sherman tanks, flame throwers and suchlike and does contain (funnily enough) comms gear, which ain't sexy and where there is a link (however tenuous) to something exciting, the curators have tried to make the best of it. I would like to think that most of us in the Sigs have a bit more Esprit de Corps than displayed by smoojalooge; taking the opportunity of dissing it just for the sake of it doesn't achieve much. What's your point? If you've got some suggestions then next time the SOinC(A) is in town then tell him you concerns. When we are old n wrinkly the Chavs of today will be taking their kids round and I expect the Burberry wearing scrotes will take great glee in turning to the guy that gives his mum some cash every week and saying "Wayne (as obviously it won't be the kids dad) these 501/Cossor/Ptarmigan/Triffid displays are cr*p, can't we go to the Museum of Army Dentistry for something interactive?"

tobie said:
We are not a sexy Corps, we communicate. Therefore it's inevitable that the Corps Museum isn't full of Sherman tanks, flame throwers and suchlike and does contain (funnily enough) comms gear, which ain't sexy and where there is a link (however tenuous) to something exciting, the curators have tried to make the best of it. I would like to think that most of us in the Sigs have a bit more Esprit de Corps than displayed by smoojalooge; taking the opportunity of dissing it just for the sake of it doesn't achieve much. What's your point? If you've got some suggestions then next time the SOinC(A) is in town then tell him you concerns. When we are old n wrinkly the Chavs of today will be taking their kids round and I expect the Burberry wearing scrotes will take great glee in turning to the guy that gives his mum some cash every week and saying "Wayne (as obviously it won't be the kids dad) these 501/Cossor/Ptarmigan/Triffid displays are cr*p, can't we go to the Museum of Army Dentistry for something interactive?"
i take it you believe that espirit de corps means just ignoring something that is not right as not right and not rock the boat then. I started this thread because i believe that the history of corps can be better represented than it currently is. I don't do things just for the sake of it i'm far to lazy

If its "interactive" you want there is plenty already but it is aimed at schoolkids rather than adults.

Most of the displays are outstanding, and it potrays our history very well.

The curators do a fine job, infact I have used them in the past for some research and they will always help.

The only thing I find annoying is the tape of the TA women who is a YoS sat in a ferret, Her posh plum accent and the drivil she spouts. They have a point with the display but it could do with a little modernisation.

One thing you lads and lasses should remember is when out on Ops, have a dig about maybe you could find something of interest that could be displayed when you return (that doesnt mean you rip out an Iraq Telephone Exchange!) :roll: And thus do your part in keeping the Museum relevant.

Disco said:
One thing you lads and lasses should remember is when out on Ops, have a dig about maybe you could find something of interest that could be displayed when you return (that doesnt mean you rip out an Iraq Telephone Exchange!) :roll: And thus do your part in keeping the Museum relevant.
I did dig up an old Iraqi radio but as it was made by Racal and had NSN's I reckoned the museum already had one.

It is a pretty crappy museum, but as has been said, we're not a sexy corps. The Tankies musem's a cracker, but they've got loads of big sexy tanks (and let's face it, a 432 ain't quite the same as a King Tiger), although we might not be as interesting as a Corps, surely we could make ourselves as interesting as possible. There must be some way for the Sigs Museum to be a bit more interactive? Once you've seen one old radio in a glass case, you've pretty much seen them all.

Thebull140 said:
Disco said:
I did dig up an old Iraqi radio but as it was made by Racal and had NSN's I reckoned the museum already had one.
Yes mate they have RACAL sets with arabic dials from GW1 but that shouldnt put you off!

Latest Threads