• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Is the Queen ill?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to seem too alarmist or rumour-mongering, but I was genuinely surprised to learn that the Queen wasn't going to be opening the Commonwealth Games. While it would be unreasonable to expect H.M. to be the jet-setting shuttle diplomat in her eighties, nonetheless she does take the Commonwealth quite seriously and so to avoid one of the few occasions when the organisation is actually in the public eye is very uncharacteristic of her. While she seemed well enough during the Pope's visit, you can't help but wonder - is something happening behind the scenes?

HM is an elderly lady, a little older than my mum. All people of this age find long journeys tiring and I suspect that The Queen did not relish a very long trip to India. She might have a cold or something (everyone else seems to have one). I suspect there is no cause for alarm.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The amount of time she has been in the Job, I think she is entitled to some time off. Anyway, it is not as if Charlie had anything else to do.

Boldnotold

LE
Book Reviewer
It's a long way for an elderly lady to go. Add the heat, humidity and risk of Dengue fever (first case announced at the weekend), I think she did the right thing to send her sons.

(No, I didn't mean she should put them at risk of fever. They're younger than she is and less likely to succumb.)

Because, living in the UK, she doesn't have to go abroad to find a swampy shithole full of the poor or run by corrupt people who don't speak English and have little or no idea who she is anymore.

Terry Fuckwit - I would hardly call it a job, I would call it living in luxury on the backs of us lesser mortals.
You've never served then. Because if you had you'd have taken an oath to her Majesty.
And if you haven't, what are you doing here? Being a fuckwit, apparently.

You've never served then. Because if you had you'd have taken an oath to her Majesty.
And if you haven't, what are you doing here? Being a fuckwit, apparently.
That's funny, because I swore an oath of loyalty to the queen and her successors when I joined, but it didn't mention anything about agreeing with the privilege of birth or the outdated principle of primogeniture. Equally I swore to god (in whom I don't believe) on a bible (which I consider a loose collection of idealised legend and myth).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads