Is the PLANEX method shown in this video correct?

alt6

Crow
Hi all, I'm currently preparing for briefing and came across this video.

I know that the 'correct' method will be taught at briefing but I was curious as to whether the method shown in this video was accurate?
The guy behind the channel also has packages where PLANEX style questions can be purchased for practice, has anyone on here used them before?

Thanks

Hi all, I'm currently preparing for briefing and came across this video.

I know that the 'correct' method will be taught at briefing but I was curious as to whether the method shown in this video was accurate?
The guy behind the channel also has packages where PLANEX style questions can be purchased for practice, has anyone on here used them before?

Thanks
There is a (repeated later) factual error in the first 90 seconds of this video.

His tip about SDT calculations is well made, practice lots of them, but really the main advice to give is read the scenario properly, make sure you take into account any environmental or time of day effects on the various speeds of travel and don’t let COAs rely on assumptions. None of the reasonable COAs for any exercise rely on any assumptions. If yours does then it won’t work. Above all, DO IT EXACTLY IN THE MANNER THAT THE DS TELL YOU TO.

It’s attention to detail from the scenario (you will get asked about it) and mental maths that normally lets people down in front of the map.

It isn’t worth paying for them in truth. People who tell you that they nailed planning exercises don’t actually know precisely how they did as candidates aren’t told that. Haven’t been on to check for a while but there was a practice Planex on the Army website called ‘MIDWINTER, which is closer in format and style to the AOSB exercises than anything you’d pay for. Check with your recruiter whether it’s still available.

Good luck!

Latest Threads