Is the lack of military service the cause of our very poor politicians?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by headgear, Nov 12, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Would Corbyn do any better?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. He scored one so maybe he could score another one.

3. I have voted Tory all my life, would never vote Labour.

• Like Like x 5
  4. meerkatz

meerkatz On ROPs

I'm still waiting to hear what sterling attributes the ability to stand still and turn left and right most of the time under instruction bring to a politician.

• Show again braincell Show again braincell x 1
  5. Sarastro

Sarastro LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

...because courage, integrity, leadership and management are such common traits in the military? All those generals who sacrificed their careers for the good of the country should teach them how it's done? Give your head a wibble. A generation of warfighting barely produced any outstanding characters at the top of the military, how do you expect it to magic up a whole Cabinet?

It's obvious what the missing characteristics are from yesteryear, restore these and we'd get greatness again soon enough!
    • Bring back alcoholism
    • More moustaches
    • Wear white tie to dinner
    • Carry swords
    • Own more slaves
    • Make fortune from privateering
    • Wear pantaloons
    • ...er...
    • Perhaps this is all bollocks

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. overopensights

overopensights LE Book Reviewer

Who?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mr Silly Moustache would be sending his Lederhosen bovver boys over for a chat for that, but you have a point, since General Marcus Vipsanius Agrippa ( Legio V Macedonica) turned up his sandals there have been just Gen. Franco ( 2nd Fuerzas Regulares Indígenas), Gen. De Gaulle (507th Régiment Le Char ) , and A/L/Cpl Cameron, (Eton CCF).

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  8. Tumbleweed in The House

9. Some of the most idle/whining/useless cynts I work with are ex army. The one I most respect has been an ex collier/prisoner/factory worker but never in the forces.

10. I'm sure that the ex army colleagues feel EXACTLY the same way about you

Edited to add, with good reason

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Tbh having ex mil wouldn't solve that. I know plenty of egos, psychopaths and emotional retards who seem to populate our armed forces in senior positions.

• Like Like x 2
  12. overopensights

Meekattz; I suppose you run a very large successful corporate company, and that you are a billionaire?

I would give three months of my army pension just to belt you in the face with a Size 12 well studded WW1 army boot, covered in dogshit!

• Like Like x 1
  13. meerkatz

meerkatz On ROPs

Are all the x forces multi billionaires corporate executives rather than some are trolley pushers at tescors.

14. Welsh, extreme left-wing Union lover says the Army are idle/useless whiners and colliers/factory workers are the best people he has ever known.

Well, colour me shocked!

Could you do me a favour and edit in something about how nasty the Tories are?

Thanks.

Oh, and because I care, this might help How To Use Surprise To Reduce Your Confirmation Bias

• Like Like x 1
  15. overopensights

Half the country pushes trolleys at Tescos.
    Please write ex- forces as shown and not x forces, show Tescos with correct spelling! you really are letting yourself down, I thought most leftist spent their whole lives at university doing 'non-degrees' wouldn't they have you?

• Like Like x 1