Is the lack of military service the cause of our very poor politicians?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by headgear, Nov 12, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The original six were France, Germany, Belgium, Italy, Luxembourg and The Netherlands.
    Norway was never in the Common Market, the EEC or the EU.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. overopensights

overopensights LE Book Reviewer

Norway was a founder member of EFTA, I remember that well because a 'Sgt 'Schooly' bollocked me for not knowing at the time.

3. Original members of EFTA were Austria, Denmark, Norway, Portugal, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom.
    Rather a different organisation to the Common Market/EEC.

• Like Like x 1
  4. That's was Major Attlee. He also declined to take part in discussions on joining as he felt the the Durham miners wouldn't approve.

• Like Like x 1
  5. So what can be done to improve political decision making?

6. overopensights

overopensights LE Book Reviewer

A far better rate of pay that would preclude having the need for 'expenses claims' which should be abolished. Hopefully this would attract a better quality of person, and it would stop the 'snouts in the trough' types.

7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

This has been used before, not sure I agree, perhaps we missed a trick with selling off barracks to developers and the Olympic village. Stick them all in and feed the singlies centrally on PAYD. Might make them think twice about imposing it upon others!

• Like Like x 2