• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Is the lack of military service the cause of our very poor politicians?

Observer: Good stuff! Perhaps you may know which of those three said the following about 1950/51? "The Common Market, I am familiar with all six nations, we spent much blood and treasure preventing two of them from exterminating the other four" The two 'exterminators would have been Germany and Italy. Who were the other four, France for one and Norway another?
The original six were France, Germany, Belgium, Italy, Luxembourg and The Netherlands.
Norway was never in the Common Market, the EEC or the EU.

Observer: Good stuff! Perhaps you may know which of those three said the following about 1950/51? "The Common Market, I am familiar with all six nations, we spent much blood and treasure preventing two of them from exterminating the other four" The two 'exterminators would have been Germany and Italy. Who were the other four, France for one and Norway another?
That's was Major Attlee. He also declined to take part in discussions on joining as he felt the the Durham miners wouldn't approve.

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
So what can be done to improve political decision making?
A far better rate of pay that would preclude having the need for 'expenses claims' which should be abolished. Hopefully this would attract a better quality of person, and it would stop the 'snouts in the trough' types.

ugly

LE
A far better rate of pay that would preclude having the need for 'expenses claims' which should be abolished. Hopefully this would attract a better quality of person, and it would stop the 'snouts in the trough' types.
This has been used before, not sure I agree, perhaps we missed a trick with selling off barracks to developers and the Olympic village. Stick them all in and feed the singlies centrally on PAYD. Might make them think twice about imposing it upon others!

Average salary of £76k, I'm not sure what you would consider a fair pay rate for an MP. If they can not live on that and do their job then how the living fuck do they expect other public sector workers to survive where they are given a 1% pay increase a year while inflation is running at 2.5%.

How about we say, "here is your salary, here are your responsibilities. It is up to you to sort the rest out."

That might deter the gravy boat riding shite bags.

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
Average salary of £76k, I'm not sure what you would consider a fair pay rate for an MP. If they can not live on that and do their job then how the living fuck do they expect other public sector workers to survive where they are given a 1% pay increase a year while inflation is running at 2.5%.

How about we say, "here is your salary, here are your responsibilities. It is up to you to sort the rest out."

That might deter the gravy boat riding shite bags.
Greetings McStab, I totally do agree with you, but I believe the Germans have a useful method of MP's pay. A local District councilor where I live, managed to acquire over £38,000 expenses last year. There seems no control?

YarS

On ROPS
On ROPs
May be, may be not.
For example, look at German MoFA, Sigmar Gabriel.
Interview mit Außenminister Gabriel: "In einer Welt voller Fleischfresser haben es Vegetarier schwer" - SPIEGEL ONLINE - Politik
He was born in East Germany, was member of "Sozialistische Jugend Deutschlands — Die Falken", he know Russian language, he was at service in the Army of East German, he understand that USA, Russia and China despise EU.
But even he, instead make or say something clever preffer to cry about "bad fate of herbivore, in the Predator's world" and want to rebuild 4-th Reigh. Usual eurofaggot and Neo-Nazi, with their usual Drang nach Osten.
I think there is something of DNA problem.

Latest Threads