Is the Kings Troops RHA that bad?

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by mastiff87, Jun 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, I'm currently in the process of joining, I'm waiting to hear back If I got the all clear on the medical questionnaire, whilst I have been waiting I have been thinking of my job choices, My 1st was going to be Mounted Gunner Kings Troop RHA, 2nd choice Light Gun RA and 3rd...not quite sure yet.
    I was positve about my first choice until I started reseaching about the role, and so far I have had opinions from ex KTs such as this: "Don't ever join worst mistake ever, you don't get to see the world, you spend most of the time looking at horse s*** and prepare to waste your life!" And also that my lifestyle won't be the same again. If thats the case I'd rather change my 1st choice.

Now this worries me as I am happily married and don't want that to end, joinning the army has never been an issue for my better half as she was in the army a few years ago and understands me better than anyone, and i've wanted to join from the age of 15. Don't get me wrong I like horses and I'm a hard worker but I don't like them that much!

I really don't want to make the wrong job choice and be unhappy for 4 years of my life, and be wanting to leave as soon as possible. :cry:

I would be so grateful for some advice.

Many Thanks!!!

2. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

You need to change choices then. If you don't love horses the Troop is the wrong place to go for.

3. I meant that meaning "I don't like them that much to sacrifice my marriage"
    Sorry I should have put it better.

4. YES.Very dangerous too,blowing stables on a bugle next to a tent-full of hung-over Engineers at fk-knows what o'clock in the morning.Horse shaggin pervs :lol:

5. Change first choice to Household Cavalry and you're a winner.

6. If you are only planning on doing four years I wouldn't bother. You may have just got the hang of it by then and it will be time to leave.

7. civvy git don't tell me you ended up in kings troop. Bye the way what happened to the phone nos

8. If you don't love everything to do with horses and ceromony, then don't join The King's Troop. You will be much better off in a 'normal' RA unit!

God! I hope this isn't a piss take!!!