Is the Intelligence side best if you are unsure of what branch to join?

On another forum, someone was asking about their son having an RAF Intelligence Analyist interview and tests, but they would have preferred that they did a Mechanics Apprentice role like they did. They were asking others of their thoughts and opinions. A poster (who has a familiar avatar on here) suggested that any youngster considering the forces and unsure of what branch, always direct them to the Intelligence side. World class training, the biggest growth area in the forces and loads of high demand skills for further down the line. They went into the Intelligence world later army career and immediately wished they'd done it from the start.

Would that be sound advice, if you can take the Intelligence route, even though not at foremost thought on your mind, take it?

On another forum, someone was asking about their son having an RAF Intelligence Analyist interview and tests, but they would have preferred that they did a Mechanics Apprentice role like they did. They were asking others of their thoughts and opinions. A poster (who has a familiar avatar on here) suggested that any youngster considering the forces and unsure of what branch, always direct them to the Intelligence side. World class training, the biggest growth area in the forces and loads of high demand skills for further down the line. They went into the Intelligence world later army career and immediately wished they'd done it from the start.

Would that be sound advice, if you can take the Intelligence route, even though not at foremost thought on your mind, take it?
That's like asking a copper if he would prefer front line policing or sticking a career in forensics really, I like being hands on with my work, so I always loved the Infantry element of the role but would have loved to give intelligence a crack because it would be a challenging skillset to embrace

Mufulira42

Old-Salt

Even if you part company with HMF later, you'll have some very marketable skills i.e. Languages and well developed ability to get along with other tribes