Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is the intelligence corps hard to get into?

Prior Planning and Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance. Remember this. Always.

If there is something, anything, you want to do in life that's worth doing then prepare for it. It makes the difficult things a little easier.

James907

On ROPS
On ROPs
Prior Planning and Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance. Remember this. Always.

If there is something, anything, you want to do in life that's worth doing then prepare for it. It makes the difficult things a little easier.
Is shyness a bad thing for assessment?

jrwlynch

LE
Book Reviewer

It's not a positive (but then neither is being loudly overconfident), but unless it's crippling it won't keep you out.

Just don't be the person who says only two words in an hour-long team exercise (and they were 'no, thanks') - if you give the assessors nothing to work with, they've got no evidence to show you'd be a useful member of the unit.

@James907 If I might make a suggestion have a play with the search function and search for the items you are asking about? The fact that you have tagged the threads you start with keywords indicates to me that you grasp the concepts necessary. The fact that you apparently haven't is pointing to the fact that while you have the tools you may not have the temperament. You have access to all the questions and the answers that have been asked here before, make use of them. Read and then ask questions that no-one else has asked before.

If you have prepared beforehand, you know what it is you want, you know what information you seek and have prepared your questions and understand that the interviewer is going to want to know about you, your background, what interests you, what motivates you, what you know about the army in general and the corps or regiment that you wish to join and you have some ready answers then shyness won't get in the way.

Do the research and prepare. There's plenty of information on here, most questions have already been asked so look them up. If you feel you might falter or forget something during the interview then write it down and refer to your notes whilst in the interview - it will show that you've done some preparation. Just don't sit there reading from your notes all the way through, use them as an aide memoir and a prompt should you get stuck. If you've prepared well enough you won't need them.

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
I strongly suggest you move your Int Corps-related activities to the Int Corps forum and start some conversations there.

Not Barbgenius is it ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oy! Just had my flu jab, and having negotiated great hordes of geriatric drivers and their quaint motoring practices on the approaches to the Clinic in my little village, and then the fearsome bouncer at the door of the Clinic, am now taking a nice calming cup of tea, and will not be gainsaid. Word, bro.

'Agent'. The word (said with the proper inflections, 'Brylcreme', a black bowtie and a whiff of expensive aftershave) could induce a sense of Commander Bondish jaw-thrusting and steely-eyed Purpose to Seamus O'Scrote after his leg-dribbling episode in the screening centre.

I'm sure (although I haven't read the thing) that the current legislation being debated takes account of the more pressing concerns of National Security than the fact that the bloody little turd stole a motorbike prior to his apprehension.