Is the EU is about to collapse?

• Thread starter Deleted 145301
  • Start date
D

Deleted 145301

Since the leavers are in a state of lalalaa I'm not listening denial with the state of current brexit events,

I thought it might be useful to create a safe space where posters, and principally @Wordsmith can fully disconnect from reality and engage in fantasies about the EU's imminent collapse, without derailing the trade discussion.

If someone could tag wordsmith I'd be grateful

I have a feeling you may be tagged first.
Countdown to hole starts in.....5.......

Offshore_Harry

Old-Salt
I can see other countries leaving if all goes OK with Brexit.
Spain & Greece being 2 that spring to mind, but others might follow!

Maple

LE
The Express ran multiple headlines just after the vote telling us all how the EU was finished, that it would collapse 'as early as next week' etc - two years on, nothing, still I'm sure they'll print a full apologetic retraction just as prominently as they displayed their prophecies of doom.......any day now.........

D

Deleted 145301

Mods perhaps the thread title is a bit antagonistic, but this was a genuine attempt to get another thread back on topic

Offshore_Harry

Old-Salt
How well do you think things are going?
What with Brexit?
UK wants to go cheaply & the EU want to screw us as they are losing revenue?
Other countries will jump ship if all goes OK.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
The Express ran multiple headlines just after the vote telling us all how the EU was finished, that it would collapse 'as early as next week' etc - two years on, nothing, still I'm sure they'll print a full apologetic retraction just as prominently as they displayed their prophecies of doom.......any day now.........
Hold on, the coldest winter in 60 years is kicking off from Sunday.

D

Deleted 145301

Why don't you start another thread about Donald Trump as well - we're all dying to hear more of your inane twattery on that score too. You dull ******* ****.
I rarely comment there.

What are you on about Bob?

Offshore_Harry

Old-Salt
I think it might if Brexit goes well for the UK it will, but in the next 5 years if we get good trade agreements.
Countries within Europe will still want to trade with us, losing UK business is not an option for some.
But further afield outside the EU I think business will do well away from constraints of the EU free market.

D

Deleted 145301

I think it might if Brexit goes well for the UK it will, but in the next 5 years if we get good trade agreements.
Countries within Europe will still want to trade with us, losing UK business is not an option for some.
But further afield outside the EU I think business will do well away from constraints of the EU free market.
What constraints in particular?

TotalBanker

Old-Salt
I wonder if UK thrives maybe instead of breaking up the EU will start changing for the better (under threat of some countries deciding they would rather bail than stay)

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
Do you think that the EU is about to collapse?
I don't.

I think the EU will grow stronger than ever - to the point the UK will be on their hands and knees, begging for forgiveness and pleading to rejoin. Theresa May will get sacked for being a nasty incompetent Tory and incapable leader, Jeremy Corbyn will get a landslide majority at the next GE shortly after TM's sacking, everyone will be at least 40 gazillion pounds better off a week as a result of being in the EU. Farmers, scientists, small businesses etc will be skipping around the place hand in hand, all those 16 year olds whose futures were "robbed" will be standing proud at their local Costa-bucks (provided it's after 3pm) with their greasy multi coloured dreadlocks and green duffle coats peppered with CND badges, rolling their spitty little fags up outside holding aloft their tacky "told you so" banners. Leavers will come to see the errors of their ways now they're allowed to live in shitholes like Romania, safe in the knowledge their mobile phone operator is charging them standard tariff. The US will be so scared of the EU's might, we'll be "first in the queue" for Marlboro's and all those American cars we drive. Trump will resign in fear and they'll elect someone to put the hillbillies back in their holes. Merkel and Blair can be elected Emperor and Vice Emperor of Europe respectively, and ensure order in our lives from this day forward.

Edit:

I know, I know... sarcasm lowest form of wit etc.

But how the hell would I know? I'm just some ex-squaddie on a military website...

I can see other countries leaving if all goes OK with Brexit.
Spain & Greece being 2 that spring to mind, but others might follow!
Hungary and Poland are getting somewhat pissed off with being ordered about by a would be superstate, they've not long been free of the Soviet yoke and are not keen on going under again. Austria has always had an independent streak.

Last edited:

Offshore_Harry

Old-Salt
If Mrs Merkel lost power in Germany & coupled with the problems France has would make things interesting?

Hungary and Poland are getting somewhat pissed off with being ordered about by a would be superstate, they've not long been free of the Soviet yolk and are not keen on going under again. Austria has always had an independent streak.
Does that mean they'll end up with egg on their faces?

Latest Threads