Is the DPM field Cap (crap hat) still a current uniform item?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by EX_STAB, Aug 3, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Basically as above. Just curious. I always liked mine! (Yes, go on let's hear them all!)
  2. Yes it is :)
  3. Is this the badger?

4. That's the one A&M.

Seems a difficult item to get hold of. I don't expect to be able to get one through the system but the surplus places don't seem to have them. One or two places have got one size in stock but it seems like it's not so common as it was. Then again not many folks liked them!
  5. I'd forgotten I'd even been issued one, I'd worn it so rarely, and I was starting to panic when I was going through my 1157 prior to discharge.

Thankfully I found it stuffed inside my black, issue daps :grin:

Asking around the students at this illustrious institution finds that it is still issued.
  6. Ebay always seems to have a few around. If you like, I could check next time I am after a pair of cheap desert wellies, Ex?

7. Excellent! Good old black daps - this could turn into an Old and Bold thread! :D
  8. Strangely enough I still had those, but couldn't find the newer, green 'reebok' trainers.
  9. Ah, the famous DILAC hat... happy memories.
  10. I don't think I will try to decipher that MLA, Glad, old bean. For I probably do, :cool:

11. Do I Look A cnut in this Cap?
  12. Never got issued proper trainers first time round. Had my own Hi Tecs but we rarely wore them as everything was done in boots. Never ran in daps.
    I did like the idea of the black daps for sleeping in or for river crossings etc. although I don't recall using them very often. I recently bought a pair of lightweight wetsuit boots which I think will do that job well, for when you need to get your boots off for a bit.

Come to think of it, I got white daps back then!
  13. In full - The "Don't I Look A Cunt In This Cap?" Cap.