Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Is the cost of living crisis real ?

Is the cost of living crisis real ?

• Yes I`m suffering badly.

• No, the useless fat messes need to get a grip and manage their finances and liflestyle.

• The left are making out its far worse than it is .

• I`m fine and couldn`t care less.

• Its real, thousands are genuinely suffering.

• It will get a lot worse and their will be genuine hardship.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I am recovering from maxillofacial dental surgery to remove two shards of tooth from my jawbone after my butcher err dentist cackhandedly snapped the tooth into pieces trying to remove it. I was in agony for 12 months waiting for an appointment despite many phone calls. So you can forgive me for not wanting to go back to him.
I bet you paid a small fortune for that treatment as well…

Nope, the surgery was done on the NHS not private. As they did the damage in the first place, I paid for the extraction, they rectified it. ;)

Interesting bit in our local paper today (Informacion Alicante) regarding the price increases compared to a year ago.

Overall, inflation is 7.7% compared to 12 months ago. Petrol and electricity being the highest risers. Running a car now 16.8% more expensive than it was then but electricity at 59% higher is the real killer.

Food prices up 5.1%, non alcoholic drinks up 7.1%.

Clothing up 1.5% but footwear only up 0.2%.

On the plus side, public transport has a reduction of 0.5%.

The overall 7.7% is even higher than the year after the banking crisis when it was 5.3% (a record then).

Judging by the amount of traffic on the M6 and M25 this morning, fuel prices don’t seem to have stopped people driving. Lots of caravans and motorhomes. People just accepting the fuel prices?
That said the lovely wee girl at Sandbach who made my coffee was saying how at 10.00 on a Sunday they normally have a long queue at their unit. Not today.

Just back from Alton Towers with MrsB Jnr.

You'd be hard pressed to say there was a crisis when you saw how much people were shelling out whilst there. I thought somewhere like that would be the first to suffer.

Just back from Alton Towers with MrsB Jnr.

You'd be hard pressed to say there was a crisis when you saw how much people were shelling out whilst there. I thought somewhere like that would be the first to suffer.
Payday millionaires, the crisis will come in a week when all the direct debits kick in at the start of the month.

Payday millionaires, the crisis will come in a week when all the direct debits kick in at the start of the month.

Absolutely not a boast, as it's shocking, but two days park and one night hotel at AT for me and the wee one cost me approx £650 inc. fuel. £200 is because I always get us Platinum Fast-track as I refuse to mingle with the peasants, but it's just an incredibly expensive experience. Rollover Hot dog - £7.50, and you thought the £2 one in the NAAFI was a rip! £2.75 for a bottle of water or £2.50 for fizzy juice. Had dinner for two at the Rollercoaster restaurant and it was £60 (and shit). Absolutely mental.

The cost of living crisis is real depending really on how much you earn, if your earnings supercede your outgoings than really you have nothing to worry about about as long as you can keep surplus earnings aside for a rainy day, really I find it's biting those who've been living "hand to mouth" on benefits for years and only just realising getting off your backside and getting a job or not finding enterprising ways to make money are suffering.

My wife is using Upwork to do freelance work as a lecturer and guess what, the work is regular and new jobs are available daily.

The cost of living crisis is real depending really on how much you earn, if your earnings supercede your outgoings than really you have nothing to worry about about as long as you can keep surplus earnings aside for a rainy day, really I find it's biting those who've been living "hand to mouth" on benefits for years and only just realising getting off your backside and getting a job or not finding enterprising ways to make money are suffering.

My wife is using Upwork to do freelance work as a lecturer and guess what, the work is regular and new jobs are available daily.

Whoop de do for you and her.
How many extra hours a week do you expect people of min. wage ability to work?
I just lurve folk who think everyone should do as they do.
Just how long is this nose of yours you look down? Empathy? That's someone else's problem, init, bruv.