Is the cost of living crisis real ?

Is the cost of living crisis real ?

• Yes I`m suffering badly.

• No, the useless fat messes need to get a grip and manage their finances and liflestyle.

• The left are making out its far worse than it is .

• I`m fine and couldn`t care less.

• Its real, thousands are genuinely suffering.

• It will get a lot worse and their will be genuine hardship.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Make sure you don't fall foul of the new rules, they're very restrictive.
I don't want to kick the arse out of it, so should be on the right side of the law.

GDog

War Hero
At least the government is trying to do something about it. Low paid (under 18,000 a year) and self employed to get 300 euro extra and fuel at 20 cents discount plus anyone earning under 14,000 euro a year will receive an extra bonus.
So retarded.

Inflation is a monetary phenomenon. Raise interest rates sharply and it goes away. If they hadn't pissed out so much money with QE and low rates in the last 3 years, it wouldn't be happening now. I recall telling some tit on Twitter that handing out stimulus cheques whilst banning half the economy from trading would ultimately lead to an inflation nightmare and was told that "actually deflation is the real threat". Geez.

I wish the Eurozone's national Governments good luck in trying to control the rate policy of the ECB over the next 18 months

GDog

War Hero
Futurama perhaps was funnier and more pithy than myself:
mkeu6swy2zu41.jpg

You can’t access DWP services without a smartphone! I’ve no idea why they make even using a laptop dependent on a mobile number so they can text access codes!
It’s just the way it is, mind you pay as you go and very second hand refurbished phone should in theory be affordable provided you own it before losing your job
Seeing as how you can pick a decent smartphone for less than £60 NEW theres no reason not to have one, the DWP I'm sure is more than happy to provide advances to people wanting to spare some beer tokens.

And I would suggest that, just like UK, that's rubbish.

I don't disagree with the above.

But the '' Official '' figures are the ones used by various experts, so that is what we go by.

I would be quite happy to receive a 15 - 20% rise on my AFPS 75 pension, which is probably closer to the real inflation rate.

Yes I saw, I'm good with 2008 I'm not good with 1991/1992 I'm terrified it'll be the later..
Can't even sell because my ******** of a neighbour is trying to claim 2m of my drive...

Mother in law went through that experience with a longstanding neighbour who re-married and his new wife stoked the fire. The contested land was what amounted to a one foot strip of garden on the border of their property. It cost a lot of money to argue, I was doing a geographic information systems masters degree at the time, and surveyed and measured the land. One of the Professors at my uni checked the work too and confirmed that the land belonged to the MiL. Sadly the judge thought otherwise, she ended up having to pay the costs of the other party which came close to 20K.

Be very careful, and try to settle before it gets to court.

£2.03 a litre for diesel in Amesbury just now. My £50 worth won't get me far.

I am up from around $40 to fill the tank to $100.

Food prices have risen noticeably too. I buy gallon jugs of water in the supermarket, the brand I usually buy has gone up from $1 a gallon to $1.99 in one supermarket and $2.39 in another.

Brooker

Old-Salt
Mother in law went through that experience with a longstanding neighbour who re-married and his new wife stoked the fire. The contested land was what amounted to a one foot strip of garden on the border of their property. It cost a lot of money to argue, I was doing a geographic information systems masters degree at the time, and surveyed and measured the land. One of the Professors at my uni checked the work too and confirmed that the land belonged to the MiL. Sadly the judge thought otherwise, she ended up having to pay the costs of the other party which came close to 20K.

Sadly there is no settling if it was 1 foot, I'd gift it, but it's 2m over a 30m drive, as I have found out judges give claimants bonus points.

The other side have refused mediation which was then mandated by the court, we shall see. Sadly nothing I can do, it is a ridiculous claim, they are claiming their other boundary is closer in than it is so as to say the slice of the pie is smaller whilst at the same time they have started a claim to push their other boundary out as well.
Living next to Putin isn't pleasant, at any scale, small mercies I'm in tin Ukraine hey..

Brooker

Old-Salt
Hmm, shall I buy a phone or put £20 on the leccy meter, £20 on food, ans split the other £20 between thwcwater bill and the council tax.
But people already have phones

One other thing I should have said the Boundary guy I spoke to actually laughed when I explained the problem, nearly said WTF, but as you have noted who knows what the judge will do think... It is a stress :(

I remortgaged around 15 years ago when the interest rate was about 5%. I took a punt and opted for a tracker from Woolwich (now Barclays) which was 0.74 above base rate. The base rate then progessively dropped until it was about 2.5%. At that point Woolwich said that they would have to hold any future payment at 2% plus the 0.74 as they hadn't factored in rates dropping so far, despite there being no "collar" (I think they are called) in the terms and conditions.

Cue myself and many others launching an on-line protest via the Money Saving Expert website saying that Woolwich/Barclays had no right to do this, that it was their fault that they hadn't put a restriction on the tracker, and that if interest rates had risen to 15% as they did in my parents' time, would they allow the customers to impose a collar on the rates to say around 7%. Like fcuk they would.

Legal action was threatened via the website if our mortgage agreements were not honoured and Woolwich/Barclays backed down. Interestingly, as we were posting on the MSE website, WB changed the T&C of all future mortgage agreements to allow for the imposition of a collar, from memory set at 2%, so they were obviously monitoring things closely. Rates continued to drop to 0.1% so I've had the luxury of a very cheap loan thanks to the fcukwit at Woolwich who didn't set a collar in the first place and cost them millions. I wonder where they are now - probably promoted if my experience of large corporations is anything to go by.

If I had taken out the mortgage a few months earlier the rate was set at something like 0.5% below base rate. There was some discussion on the MSE site when the base rate dropped below 0.5% whether WB would now have to pay the mortgage customer money. The consensus was that there was a clause not allowing this during the life of the mortgage, but WB would have to redeem money owed for the negative interest rate at the end of the mortgage.
Where on 'Money Saving Expert website', could I find that fight back page/thread, please?
(spent ages searching and no luck)

Latest Threads