Is the cost of living crisis real ?

Is the cost of living crisis real ?

• Yes I`m suffering badly.

• No, the useless fat messes need to get a grip and manage their finances and liflestyle.

• The left are making out its far worse than it is .

• I`m fine and couldn`t care less.

• Its real, thousands are genuinely suffering.

• It will get a lot worse and their will be genuine hardship.

Results are only viewable after voting.
With the war in the Ukraine and the present sanctions fuel prices have escalated, these in turn effecting everything else. Yes it is a crisis that effects us globally, particularly after massively increased government spending during the pandemic.

Two massive hits from China and Russia the world could well have done without.
Well the world is going to head into a nasty recession. I do wonder if some countries will be experiencing rationing again. Which seems like the logical next step considering we have yet to hit rock bottom.

Since some countries are likely to be experiencing famine, rationing will be a more palatable experience.

The present Administration in the US seems to believe in simply printing money, like many of its policies it is not a solution.

The cost of living is a very real and present crisis that is effecting us all. Those in the poorer end of the scale will suffer most. Unfortunately a bitter fact of life.

Since some countries are likely to be experiencing famine, rationing will be a more palatable experience.

The present Administration in the US seems to believe in simply printing money, like many of its policies it is not a solution.

The cost of living is a very real and present crisis that is effecting us all. Those in the poorer end of the scale will suffer most. Unfortunately a bitter fact of life.
Well Modern Monetary theory should be on the list of things not to try in the future...

The problem with the build back better spending is that it was to much money and we as a country didn't get much out of it.

Stimulus is not an option now, so no more money for the average Joe to use to maintain the family budget.
If you have exhausted your savings then all you can do is find areas in the budget to cut and go without.
Which means depravation for millions. But hey at least the under 40's are getting a good education for the future, as this point in our lives will not be forgotten.

Do you think a country will ever pull up the drawbridge and become extremely right wing due to the economic crisis
1656083956087.png

It's possible...

Do you think a country will ever pull up the drawbridge and become extremely right wing due to the economic crisis
There's an extremely short list of nations that can do more than play at it and the UK is certainly not on it.

I guess that would depend on how carefully you read the paperwork. Some people will just pay whatever they are told to.
Fairly sure I could tell the difference between a check up with scale and polish, fillings or crowns without reading the paperwork, I'm awake during the procedure and details of what is covered in each band are freely available on t'internet.

Fairly sure I could tell the difference between a check up with scale and polish, fillings or crowns without reading the paperwork, I'm awake during the procedure and details of what is covered in each band are freely available on t'internet.
But who wants to read that stuff when they have a Tinder account to be on?

The Canadian game system is based on the US one! There is the added sickener that you can’t shoot to protect crops, imagine that your hay is bailed ready for the overwintering of cattle without which your farm goes bankrupt and a herd of big elk decides it’s an all you can eat buffet!
The penalty for shooting them can involve prison. Don’t worry the First Nation folk can apply subsistence hunting rules and kill what they want!
You can apply for subsistence hunting rules but won’t get accepted!
Shoot, shovel shut up or in this case Shoot, eat, shut up.

Shoot, shovel shut up or in this case Shoot, eat, shut up.
That's a bit like the wolves in Germany that farmers, gamekeepers and hunters are not allowed to trap or kill, even if they are preying on livestock. Strangely, for reasons nobody seems able to explain, the wolf population is dwindling year on year.

Old Stab

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm going to have to start doing a MINIMUM of one weekend a month overtime and SWMBO is going to have to start working bank shifts as well.
Things are starting to bite a bit , we are noticing that everything is now going up not just fuel..I'll be setting snares up where I work for Rabbits etc.

DarkBrig

War Hero
Just finished my usual weekly shop (Tesco/Aldi) prices are definitely up by about 10-20p on most items, and I noticed Aldi was considerably busier than usual, and without being pejorative the clientele in Aldi seems to have become better dressed as well.

That's a bit like the wolves in Germany that farmers, gamekeepers and hunters are not allowed to trap or kill, even if they are preying on livestock. Strangely, for reasons nobody seems able to explain, the wolf population is dwindling year on year.
The way it was explained to me with foxes. There is only so much food. Hunting removed the weaker foxes thus allowing enough food for the strong cunning ones. Better than all of them half starving etc

Just finished my usual weekly shop (Tesco/Aldi) prices are definitely up by about 10-20p on most items, and I noticed Aldi was considerably busier than usual, and without being pejorative the clientele in Aldi seems to have become better dressed as well.
I use Lidl a lot and have never noticed any Chavs in there.

DarkBrig

War Hero
I use Lidl a lot and have never noticed any Chavs in theI use Lidl as well in fact their
Lidl is my go to place for Prawn cocktail and salmon (beats M & S), as I say I wasn't being "ist" in any way It was just noticeable that there was a lot more better dressed couples without children there today

You mean person you!
Perhaps the wife should let you explain to him the economic facts of life right now. If people do not need it they won’t pay for it.
I am recovering from maxillofacial dental surgery to remove two shards of tooth from my jawbone after my butcher err dentist cackhandedly snapped the tooth into pieces trying to remove it. I was in agony for 12 months waiting for an appointment despite many phone calls. So you can forgive me for not wanting to go back to him.

Latest Threads