Is the cost of living crisis real ?

Is the cost of living crisis real ?

• Yes I`m suffering badly.

• No, the useless fat messes need to get a grip and manage their finances and liflestyle.

• The left are making out its far worse than it is .

• I`m fine and couldn`t care less.

• Its real, thousands are genuinely suffering.

• It will get a lot worse and their will be genuine hardship.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Would you want to join a political party?
Would anyone with half a brain and moral standards?

The change is not going to come from within political parties.

Do you volunteer to get kicked in the dick?
Nope, I know how it works and, will take great delight in watching the headless chickens wringing their hands ,gnashing their teeth and, wailing about how they can't afford whatever the knick-knack of their choice is.

I've now got to the stage of "F*** you Jack, I'm fireproof". I have sympathy for my generation and older because we are really being screwed !

The very sympathetic "You should have saved for your old age" generation, are going to learn hard lessons.

I'm one of the "WTF you didn't see this coming" generation...ain't Karma a bitch !

I know which Planet I'm on . :cool:

Well, no.
Wage rises are not the only cause of price rises, and the two are only coincidentally the same value.
The government, and companies, both have quite a few options to adjust prices rises.
Not the least of these would be companies making less profit, adjusting the ratio of compensation between lower waged workers and executives, and the government taking less tax or reducing expenditure.
More fundamentally, the inefficiencies in the systems, and the economic consequences of policies, need to be addressed. The average worker has no influence over any of these.
I'm with the workers on this one.
If that was indeed the case, why is everybody demanding pay rises after being kept for nearly 2 years by the government ?

Companies aren't altruistic institutions, they are there to make profits, it's 'their football' they make the rules.

As unbelievable as it may seem, nobody is forced to work for any company, they do it by choice, if they don't approve of it's T&C's, there is always the option to leave !

As for sympathy for these people...I've already given !

Nope, I know how it works and, will take great delight in watching the headless chickens wringing their hands ,gnashing their teeth and, wailing about how they can't afford whatever the knick-knack of their choice is.

I've now got to the stage of "F*** you Jack, I'm fireproof". I have sympathy for my generation and older because we are really being screwed !

The very sympathetic "You should have saved for your old age" generation, are going to learn hard lessons.

I'm one of the "WTF you didn't see this coming" generation...ain't Karma a bitch !

I know which Planet I'm on . :cool:
You folks are going to get a better COLA than most.
If anything you lot will be spared, whilst those that are working will be getting hammered.
Without enough worker bees plugging away, your pension will eventually be reduced to pay for the welfare state.

The Snowflakes and younger are not exactly fully responsible for upcoming show that we will all be enduring.

If that was indeed the case, why is everybody demanding pay rises after being kept for nearly 2 years by the government ?

Companies aren't altruistic institutions, they are there to make profits, it's 'their football' they make the rules.

As unbelievable as it may seem, nobody is forced to work for any company, they do it by choice, if they don't approve of it's T&C's, there is always the option to leave !

As for sympathy for these people...I've already given !
It might have to do with rampant inflation and making sure people can keep the lights on, put petrol in the car, and food on the table.

It might have to do with rampant inflation and making sure people can keep the lights on, put petrol in the car, and food on the table.
No shit Sherlock...my monthly income for my wife and me, is over £2,000 a year lower than the poverty line and, I can manage.

I have to make adjustments to "My Lifestyle" but, that's what sensible people do. A car is a luxury,sad but true, not forgetting all those 2 car families that are 'struggling' !

If it wasn't, everyone would have one and, the country would grind to a standstill...it's simple !

Make adjustments and, don't expect me and millions of other taxpayers, to fund your shortcomings, grow up !

I've been through this shit before, so for me and my generation, it's more about knowledge than complacency !

Try shopping by candlelight, during the day...been there done it !

You folks are going to get a better COLA than most.
If anything you lot will be spared, whilst those that are working will be getting hammered.
Without enough worker bees plugging away, your pension will eventually be reduced to pay for the welfare state.

The Snowflakes and younger are not exactly fully responsible for upcoming show that we will all be enduring.
My last 'pay rise' was, 32p a day in April, wanna tell me how I pay my Council Tax, Gas and Electric, Water ?

They all went up on the same day !

I have the same standing outgoings as the proverbial "Young Family/Couple" with no way of enhancing my income...as I said, no sympathy. :rolleyes:

No shit Sherlock...my monthly income for my wife and me, is over £2,000 a year lower than the poverty line and, I can manage.

I have to make adjustments to "My Lifestyle" but, that's what sensible people do. A car is a luxury,sad but true, not forgetting all those 2 car families that are 'struggling' !

If it wasn't, everyone would have one and, the country would grind to a standstill...it's simple !

Make adjustments and, don't expect me and millions of other taxpayers, to fund your shortcomings, grow up !

I've been through this shit before, so for me and my generation, it's more about knowledge than complacency !

Try shopping by candlelight, during the day...been there done it !
But with your line of reasoning, I can state maybe you should have worked a bit more in your younger years...
Throw more money into that 401K or 457 plan.

You need to understand that in some places a vehicle is necessity and not a luxury, now it doesn't have to be the newest beast on the lot. But it does have to run, sometimes families will need two.

You won't be funding my families lifestyle trust me on that one.

Well kudos to you, nobody under 40 has dealt with Stagflation before.

Old Stab

LE
Book Reviewer
We've already booked a place in Cornwall for my birthday next month. After that , we will be cutting back on the little luxuries...a few beers on the weekend, I'll be going for Aldi's for them.

New clothes, I'll get a bit more out of the stuff I already have. SWMBO wants a new car next March /April. I can't see that happening tbh. We are already buying own brand basics but one thing we have noticed is that of all things our diet is now far better, meals bulked out with loads of pulses and veg..

BUT...

By God its making me fart !

We've already booked a place in Cornwall for my birthday next month. After that , we will be cutting back on the little luxuries...a few beers on the weekend, I'll be going for Aldi's for them.

New clothes, I'll get a bit more out of the stuff I already have. SWMBO wants a new car next March /April. I can't see that happening tbh. We are already buying own brand basics but one thing we have noticed is that of all things our diet is now far better, meals bulked out with loads of pulses and veg..

BUT...

By God its making me fart !
Aye the winds of change are blowing through the land

My last 'pay rise' was, 32p a day in April, wanna tell me how I pay my Council Tax, Gas and Electric, Water ?

They all went up on the same day !

I have the same standing outgoings as the proverbial "Young Family/Couple" with no way of enhancing my income...as I said, no sympathy. :rolleyes:
With a debit card I would hope.

Preaching to the choir, everything is going up for everyone.

You can always get another job. Many seniors do to supplement their income. Our buildings custodian is in his 70’s and keeps plugging away. Granted he uses his paycheck to go fishing on the weekends.

I think the term 'self diagnosed' is relevant here. Personal experience says the NHS is fairly good on the life threatening stuff, see my previous posts regarding SWMBO's tit cancer. 'I have self diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy', yeah, join the back of the queue.
You could not be more wrong. My gp agreed with me, hence the referral to the neurologist. The wait is purely due to the state of the NHS.
Peripheral neuropathy is rare and not life threatening, just very debilitating.

You could not be more wrong. My gp agreed with me, hence the referral to the neurologist. The wait is purely due to the state of the NHS.
The thing with peripheral neuropathy is that it's usually a secondary issue, caused by something else. Mine is due to my chemotherapy and I'm fortunate enough to be able to manage it with exercise. Drugs are available - gabapentin etc, but it's better to determine and treat the root cause if possible

ugly

LE
Not as rare as your GP would have you believe!
My neurological investigation was cut short by the scan finding the tumour but I still have neuropathy thingy but barring the annual diabetes check (now in remission) they aren’t excited about treatment beyond a 50mg of amaltriptlim (sp) every night to get me some rest

ugly

LE
The thing with peripheral neuropathy is that it's usually a secondary issue, caused by something else. Mine is due to my chemotherapy and I'm fortunate enough to be able to manage it with exercise. Drugs are available - gabapentin etc, but it's better to determine and treat the root cause if possible
Don’t have the electric shock stuff to the muscles it’s beyond the CIA in torture

Spanish PM just announced that VAT on electricity will be halved again.
Was 20% but dropped to 10% in October and will be 5% from 1 July.
The 20 cents discount on diesel and petrol will still attract a 20 cents discount per litre until the end of September and this will doubled for commercial vehicle drivers.

Domestic electricity already fallen 29% due to a capped gas price agreed between Portugal and Spain although that falls short of the 50% drop forecast by the government before they signed the pact.

Old Stab

LE
Book Reviewer
Winter is around the corner.
Stocked up on candles, solar charger and I'm collecting loads of firewood from where I work.

Got a gas BBQ plus a normal one..if electricity prices jump I'll be building an outdoor cooking area and everything will be done over an open fire. It'll be one pot stews etc that will last for days and can be topped up with anything left over ...

Also there's loads of trout in the local river and I can shoot rabbit and game birds. I won't be cold and I won't be hungry.

Syledis

War Hero
Winter is around the corner.
Stocked up on candles, solar charger and I'm collecting loads of firewood from where I work.

Got a gas BBQ plus a normal one..if electricity prices jump I'll be building an outdoor cooking area and everything will be done over an open fire. It'll be one pot stews etc that will last for days and can be topped up with anything left over ...

Also there's loads of trout in the local river and I can shoot rabbit and game birds. I won't be cold and I won't be hungry.
Funny you should mention fishing as ive just bought some gear and going to try my hand from piers etc..
I wonder if we will see a rise in livestock going missing soon by organised gangs?

Old Stab

LE
Book Reviewer
Funny you should mention fishing as ive just bought some gear and going to try my hand from piers etc..
I wonder if we will see a rise in livestock going missing soon by organised gangs?
Ummm.
Already happening.

Fishing wise, look at where you are, some species can be caught pretty close in , Flounder etc..
You tube will throw up some good tips.

Latest Threads