Is the Conservative Party in the process of destroying itself.

It Labour play into BoJo's hands (as the probable next Tory leader) by effectively blocking Brexit by trying to rule out a no deal Brexit, some of the voter anger will transfer to Labour.

As such, we could be looking at a game of pass the blame parcel as far as recriminations for not Brexiting are concerned.

Wordsmith
Well, they dodged that bullet last night - by 11 votes.

Let's hope that doesn't mean they will become electable anytime soon.

Well, they dodged that bullet last night - by 11 votes.
1560403091900.png

Some Conservatives certainly are aiding the attempted destruction for reasons of blatant self interest and more importantly attempting to thwart the democratic mandate of the electorate.
Eight Labour MPs voted with the government. Just goes to show that some of the honourable members retain a moral compass.

The Ten Tories Who Voted to Hand Power to Corbyn -

Just goes to show that some of the honourable members retain a moral compass.
Nope. You'll have to explain how you reached that conclusion.

I read you as saying that MPs in Party A voting against their leader are shits, but MPs in Party B voting against theirs are saints.

You conclusion appears to be a non sequitur.

Nope. You'll have to explain how you reached that conclusion.

I read you as saying that MPs in Party A voting against their leader are shits, but MPs in Party B voting against theirs are saints.

You conclusion appears to be a non sequitur.
"The democratic mandate of the electorate" is the important concept, vote to support it and you are doing your job, vote against it and you aren't. Party loyalties come a poor second.

Small correction.

CMD calling the referendum was an ill-judged exercise in defending the interests of his party, so too has been Jezza's stance of late.
Hmm. I see where you are coming from, but as the referendum was a major plank in his Party's manifesto, which got him elected by the democratic mandate of the electorate, I don't quite agree. It might not have given the result he wanted (=-D), but the referendum was definitely what the electorate wanted and its result was and is the democratic will of the electorate.

Hmm. I see where you are coming from, but as the referendum was a major plank in his Party's manifesto, which got him elected by the democratic mandate of the electorate, I don't quite agree. It might not have given the result he wanted (=-D), but the referendum was definitely what the electorate wanted and its result was and is the democratic will of the electorate.
An object lesson in "be careful what you wish for"

Is Corbyn defending the interests of his party, or the interests of his own political agenda?
I'd bet that he sees the two as one-and-the-same (and refer him to the lesson in my previous sentence)

Is Corbyn defending the interests of his party, or the interests of his own political agenda?
Obviously he's defending the interests of his Party.

Which I assume is the Communist Party.

View attachment 398338
Some Conservatives certainly are aiding the attempted destruction for reasons of blatant self interest and more importantly attempting to thwart the democratic mandate of the electorate.
Eight Labour MPs voted with the government. Just goes to show that some of the honourable members retain a moral compass.

The Ten Tories Who Voted to Hand Power to Corbyn -
When are their associations going to grow a pair and start the process of trying to get shot of them. (I appreciate some have, but far less than you’d expect given the blatant disregard for their constituents that many have evinced.)

Get shot of who?​
The ones with the moral compasses?​
Is this the moral compass that states they are absolutely fine going against the democratic will of the people, the wishes of both their associations and ,in many cases, the electorates in their constituency and the manifesto they stood on?

Because if so, I would suggest their moral compass is fcuking broken.

Is this the moral compass that states they are absolutely fine going against the democratic will of the people, the wishes of both their associations and ,in many cases, the electorates in their constituency and the manifesto they stood on?

Because if so, I would suggest their moral compass is fcuking broken.
I've no idea.

I was genuinely trying to understand which group you wanted shot of, and your English is no less opaque to me now than then :-(

I've no idea.

I was genuinely trying to understand which group you wanted shot of, and your English is no less opaque to me now than then :-(
Originally it was in response to a link about the ten tories who voted with Labour.

at this point we are heading for a cliff edge Brexit is a chimera at best.
Still going to be next door to Europe still going to be our a major trading party.

But the rest of Europe is in the EU see the issue?

Latest Threads