Is the Conservative Party in the process of destroying itself.

You Brits have a conservative political party?? Nonsense you are all just 50 shades of Liberal. IF you had a true Conservative party Brexit would have been done and over with by March, and China would not be your new besties.

Joke of the day this is!
You're a bit late to the party with that.

You Brits have a conservative political party?? Nonsense you are all just 50 shades of Liberal. IF you had a true Conservative party Brexit would have been done and over with by March, and China would not be your new besties.

Joke of the day this is!
And we're now seeing our pre-Trump era. Or the nascent stages of it unless the Cons get someone in charge ASAP whose basically willing to redress the neo-liberal values it has seemingly embraced with open arms.

And we're now seeing our pre-Trump era. Or the nascent stages of it unless the Cons get someone in charge ASAP whose basically willing to redress the neo-liberal values it has seemingly embraced with open arms.
Well I think that this is going to happen regardless now. Piss on the voters to often and for to long and they will strike back. That being said please elect somebody with better hair!! The average Joe will only suffer extreme Liberalism for so long before a massive correction happens.

Well I think that this is going to happen regardless now. Piss on the voters to often and for to long and they will strike back. That being said please elect somebody with better hair!! The average Joe will only suffer extreme Liberalism for so long before a massive correction happens.
Exactly. This has been building for years. It didn't just begin in 2016. This is where the liberals lose the point and are making their biggest mistake. This isn't JUST about Europe, it's about a whole range of issues that have been ignored or seen people who try and raise them smeared and deplatformed. Sneering at and ridiculing Brexiters as Gammons, or as I saw today on twitter, denigrating their feted "working class" in Yorkshire Working Men's Clubs in areas that are the strongest Labour heartlands in the UK just because they had Farage there.

You essentially have two sects of Labour voters now, as Galloway says. Old school working class types, from post industrial areas. Not particularly PC and despise the Tories, these largely voted out. And a new wave of metro liberal PC right on types who voted remain. There is a crossover between of course but essentially the voter power base falls between these two groups.

Last edited:
Exactly. This has been building for years. It didn't just begin in 2016. This is where the liberals lose the point and are making their biggest mistake. This isn't JUST about Europe, it's about a whole range of issues that have been ignored or seen people who try and raise them smeared and deplatformed. Sneering at and ridiculing Brexiters as Gammons, or as I saw today on twitter, denigrating their feted "working class" in Yorkshire Working Men's Clubs in areas that are the strongest Labour heartlands in the UK just because they had Farage there.

You essentially have two sects of Labour voters now, as Galloway says. Old school working class types, from post industrial areas. Not particularly PC and despise the Tories, these largely voted out. And a new wave of metro liberal PC right on types who voted remain. There is a crossover between of course but essentially the voter power base falls between these two groups.
I think you are right and in another 5-10 years will have your Trump moment if not sooner. Your Labour party is what our radical lefties want to become and take America on the path to. However some of us have been watching what has been happening on your side of the pond, and will loudly reject that path. If I had to deal with AOC type Liberals in power I would hang my American Flag upside down, and join the large crowd starting with civil disobedience.

As chippy as he is, Peter Hitchens has been warning about this for at least a decade. I actually remember reading it and dismissing it, however, he is being proven correct. Essentially what he says is that they (the Cons) don't offer enough of a distinction anymore to anyone else, ergo making themselves redundant. They are also absolutely shit scared of the left.
You are Brexit focussed. There are massive distinctions on other policies which make them an alternative.

It's certainly on the ropes. No one will really know until the next general election.

It's fine for the brexit party to clean up at the euros.

General elections turn out differently
A middle road party that supports PR voting and regional devolution to ensure unequal distribution of resources to bring regional standards of living up to at least the level of greater London. The fundamental problem was never really Europe per se, it was Europe's inability to lessen the regional inequality as an inevitable output of the British political system......too busy replacing our defunct industrial economy with a service sector almost totally based in London - decisions were made in the national interest which had defaulted to London - regions got fine words and a few crumbs. Whomever wants to lead this nation in future really must tend to the voting system that sustains only the big two, get rid of part time politicians and get real professionals into positions where correct decisions are made to re-balance the inequalities that currently exist.

Mrs May is driving people away from the Tory's over her inability to deliver Brexit.
All the negotiations should have started early 2018 with month's before we should have left on March 29th.
But who takes over the poisoned cup of brexit doom, Boris waiting for a coup once its all signed off.
Why take the 5hitty stick now and ruin you career, Mrs May is a spent force as PM & an MP.
The reason for my disagree. They should have started ASAP after the 23 June 2016!! Because us thickos didn't do as we were told, thus catching the ARRSEholes in hoc unawares, they didn't, and indeed haven't, taken any notice of the referendum result. Therefore, fcuk them.

As many have said already in this thread, the Conservative party is neither conservative and increasingly not a political party with a core ideology. They have increasingly since Major they increasingly embrace neo-liberalism rather than sticking to a core ideology of financial conservatism in governance and keeping government as small as is effective.

The running round in circles to try and stay on message with social issues which are not that politically important to try and gain some new voters... LGBT issues, who really give a fcuk about that, most conservatives dont care what or who you fcuk as long as its legal, they do care how much the national debt is, are the police, armed forces and NHS are effective.

Chasing for votes from those that hate you (the left broadly) was and is pointless, do a decent job though and the mainstream of the populace will support your staying in the job even if they dont consider you their best friend.

May and the many spineless political hacks who make up the parlimentary party together with the many equally spineless members of the party organisation have... 'Fcuked the party totally'. Could it recover, i doubt it in the short term and not while the party continues to have members with no core conservative ideology, and as importantly MP's and candidates who believe in it.

Cancelling my party membership was not easy... But i wont have my money wasted on 'spads' who it would not surprise me to find vote for the Liberal Democrats, and i wont support a government that allows the civil service to set its Brexit agenda. Sadly of course Olli Robbins will probably end up in the House of lords, regardless.

TREVOR KAVANAGH Tories must go with Boris Johnson if they want to survive or they’ll end up as dead as a dodo
Love him or loathe him, Boris is their only possible champion
By Trevor Kavanagh, Sun Columnist
13th May 2019, 12:07 am
Updated: 13th May 2019, 7:06 am

FOR the Tories, the party is nearly over. They might dump Theresa May and replace her with Boris Johnson – their only real hope – but they’ve left it pretty darned late.
Every day lost is another day wasted.

Boris Johnson is the Tories' only hope or they'll end up dead as a dodo

Disagree because I'd rather see both of them get stuffed.
Tory and Labour? No issue there from me. Both parties seem to think that they can do what they want and that people will always vote for them.
I gave up on Labour (I was once a member) when I realised that they had given up on people like me [White working class]. I lent towards Conservative but them wrecking Brexit has ended that. I trust neither party.

Chasing for votes from those that hate you (the left broadly) was and is pointless, do a decent job though and the mainstream of the populace will support your staying in the job even if they dont consider you their best friend.
100%. Adopting policies that appeal to those who will never vote Tory; the same policies that turn off your core support.
Clearly every major Tory has been to a seminar or two about appealing to the centre ground. They also clearly haven't adjusted to the polarisation that Brexit has created. The Blair/Cameron centre ground is gone.
Mrs May adopted a WA that appeals to no one. I still can't understand why she can't understand the problem with, and impact of, that decision.

TREVOR KAVANAGH Tories must go with Boris Johnson if they want to survive or they’ll end up as dead as a dodo
Love him or loathe him, Boris is their only possible champion
By Trevor Kavanagh, Sun Columnist
13th May 2019, 12:07 am
Updated: 13th May 2019, 7:06 am

FOR the Tories, the party is nearly over. They might dump Theresa May and replace her with Boris Johnson – their only real hope – but they’ve left it pretty darned late.
Every day lost is another day wasted.

Boris Johnson is the Tories' only hope or they'll end up dead as a dodo
For once an article from The Sun that I can whole-heartedly agree with and endorse.

Some members still think the Attorney General could turn things around. He can certainly command an audience with his speechcraft but can he lead a party and a government? Thinking back to how he handled PMTM's deal...

100%. Adopting policies that appeal to those who will never vote Tory; the same policies that turn off your core support.
Clearly every major Tory has been to a seminar or two about appealing to the centre ground. They also clearly haven't adjusted to the polarisation that Brexit has created. The Blair/Cameron centre ground is gone.
Mrs May adopted a WA that appeals to no one. I still can't understand why she can't understand the problem with, and impact of, that decision.

You have to govern in part from the centre ground, but the Party increasingly tried to chase the centre as it shifts to the left, this of course will only result in its shift leftward, where as if the Party had stood its ground on conservative principal the centre would not have moved so far to the left.

But then, I am not exactly telling many posters of Arrse something they didn't know or have said.

Trying to understand the maybot is pointless, everything she has touched throughout her time has been ruined. I gave her a chance despite the house of horror she turned the Home Office into. now as far as I am concerned she should resign and then just slink off into a dark corner and never to be heard from again is the only redemptive action she can take.

While it is difficult then the 'Government must then call a General Election' fielding only candidates who are Conservative and Unionists not political chancers, to break the ridiculous nature of the House of Commons not allowing a no deal exit.

I will accept that, Labour could perhaps with a SNP coalition form a minority government but I doubt it, as it stands as long as the many odious wretches on both sides of the house who are in parliament today, are ousted be it by UKIP, the Brexit party, a rump of conservatives who are conservatives, and uncle tom cobley and all...

Cannot be worse than what stands for HMG today.

Latest Threads