Is the British Army going to get an Anti-material rifle?

Why would they need one? IIRC, EOD have .50 rifles but given the amount of 'other' firepower availble such as Javlin, there isn't much requirement for one.
Besides, have you ever carried a .50 cal rifle? Bugger that for a lark.

Why would they need one? IIRC, EOD have .50 rifles but given the amount of 'other' firepower availble such as Javlin, there isn't much requirement for one.
Besides, have you ever carried a .50 cal rifle? Bugger that for a lark.
I'm asking because wikipedia says the AX50 is the british army anti-material rifle but I can't find any pictures or evidence to support this and I'm wondering If we'll actually get one or not

Will it have the velocity of a tank bullet?

I'm asking because wikipedia says the AX50 is the british army anti-material rifle but I can't find any pictures or evidence to support this and I'm wondering If we'll actually get one or not
We have them.

For rendering a vehicle useless, knackering generators or things electrical and mechanical, HMG can supply a squaddie on demand.

Slime

LE
Lots of 'curious' threads recently...
Lots and lots of curious posters just as you say, and even more odd as many of them don’t want to get info direct from the MOD or any particular unit, and are going out of their way not to get accurate info. :)

On the plus/negative side, it’s making it easy for any onlookers to collect avatars or ip addresses from posters from certain units. :)

Mufulira

Old-Salt
For rendering a vehicle useless, knackering generators or things electrical and mechanical, HMG can supply a squaddie on demand.
IIRC the Saffies have come up with a 20mm anti-materiel rifle -- the CO will merely ask 'who amongst you loves me enough to tote this fine rifle about the veld? " The idea is typical of the backroom concept chaps "it's never a problem for the fellows who came up with the idea"

Latest Threads