Is the army using location based SMS advertising?

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Walking past my local recruiting office with Bluetooth on I got a text saying "Join the Army and live in a tent" or some such thing. Is the army using location based SMS advertising? And how easy / hard is it to set such a thing up? Would I have to talk to spotty geeks to do it? It could come in handy. I have heard hookers in Dubai use something similar, so figure it cant be that hard.

Any help appreciated.

Why on earth do you keep your bluetooth on? Them journos would be hacking into it everytime you walked by.....and you will get a shitload of ads from bluetooth advertisers when you are near them. You can get bluetooh advertising things on ebay.

bluetooth advertising | eBay

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Why on earth do you keep your bluetooth on? Them journos would be hacking into it everytime you walked by.....and you will get a shitload of ads from bluetooth advertisers when you are near them. You can get bluetooh advertising things on ebay.

bluetooth advertising | eBay
Ironically I had been to the Orange shop up the road to advise them "My Bluetooth connection wont work". They fixed it and left it on. I switched it off after being tickled by the army. Thanks very much for the link. I would never have thought to look on eBay - cheers.