Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is The Army The Answer? Part 2

How old was the Op?...31?....not a silly 17 year old ....can you still get bullied at that age?

Some of us joined up because we wanted a life of fun with guns and camping - and were too young and stupid to know any better...this Op is a father and is still faffing about and his motives are plainly described.

Overall, he is a self confessed wishy washy wimp - Do you reckon that his are the best reasons for joining up?

In saying that, the rules for that forum as explained by the Duke are pretty clear

Was you bullied yourself perchance
Agreed and nope.

I wouldn't say you were that much of a wet blanket, much more of an internet hardman.
I wouldn't say I was an internet hardman. I have a rule, I never write anything to anyone that I wouldn't say to their face.

So many people tried to "encourage" this guy to do the right thing and join up. The OP adopted a 'defeatist' attitude from the off and continued with it in spite of the encouragement, making excuse after excuse as to why he might fail.

So I just decided to try a different approach by letting loose a few cans of whoopass to see if we got a different response. Obviously I failed. There's no helping some people.

Moving on.

Is The Army The Answer? “NO"

I'm going to be straight up about the type of person I currently am; and that is a 31 year old father of 2 who lives with his mum, he's unfit, lazy, currently has no ambition and is likely to be stuck in a shit paid dead end job

I don't just want, but I seriously NEED to get off my ass and finally make something of myself, if not only to show my kids (now 11 and 15) that their dad isn't a lazy poor excuse of a man. Long story short, about 10 years ago I had a good job as a Healthcare Asst, then I entered university TWICE to get into the health/medical profession, once to start training as a nurse (dropped out) then again to train as a radiographer (dropped out again). Since then I've suffered with depression and axienty causing me to lose all direction and a lot of self confidence.

Fast foward to the present day and I find myself as a cleaner in a gym (the free membership comes in handy now!)

I've looked at many jobs and prospective careers

What I struggle most with is the thought of being away from my kids long term

I'm currently working on my fitness to potentially prepare and motivate myself

didn’t bother with the original thread, but FFS , I’ve only left the relevant points above, 2 failed career attempts + depression & anxiety + loss of direction and at 31, lack of sustained commitment, the answer is right there in black and white, “Is the Army the answer?” No, No, No, No! not in a million years, oh and by the way, any recruiting officer worth his salt will spot that and fukc the OP off at the highest port!
And finally, the gym membership and job as a cleaner in said gym.........more likely to be sniffing sweaty gym machine seats than actually using them!

didn’t bother with the original thread, but FFS , I’ve only left the relevant points above, 2 failed career attempts + depression & anxiety + loss of direction and at 31, lack of sustained commitment, the answer is right there in black and white, “Is the Army the answer?” No, No, No, No! not in a million years, oh and by the way, any recruiting officer worth his salt will spot that and fukc the OP off at the highest port!
And finally, the gym membership and job as a cleaner in said gym.........more likely to be sniffing sweaty gym machine seats than actually using them!
I know, I know, it's a bit late responding, but for the record, you fcuking nailed it. Couldn't be more righter than a right handed right thing in a right shop.

I am not the original OP from the original etc etc....

But I hope maybe the original OP has finally got the message, or at least the answer to his question, so all is not lost.