is the army issue new mark of helmets?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by MUTTSNUTTS, Nov 10, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i have heard the army is issuing new model of helmet for ops is this true or complete BS???
  2. We in 49 Para have moved up to matt finish colanders, very cool in hot weather and damned smart as well!
  3. as far as i know, they are issuing the new one for ops
  4. any example of the ops helmets do these have to returned then after ops ?
  5. They look exactly like the normal helmet but black instead of green and give better balistic protection.

My understanding is that, as they are a 'skin contact item', they will be personal issue (i.e. it will become 'your' helmet) but they will only be issued on Ops.
  6. they are called either the mk6A or the mk7, i know this sounds obvious bit its true as far as i know
  7. Are they kevlar this time?
  8. so with the exception of the majority of the APTC and some fat nurses, all of us will have them soon then!
  9. You mean you haven't got one yet? :wink:
  10. Im a fat nurse who is ex-APTC so Im not expecting to get one at all
  11. Black hmmn, SO19 issue? can't be 'them' cos 'they' need helmets,
    Kevlar? hope not it weighs a tonne, will stop a round but the shock of impact will snap your neck, so I've been told.
  12. Weighs the same as the green one but a lot better balistic protection!
  13. That's what I like to hear.
  14. read somewhere the new helmets have some type of Mesh lining to aide ventilation.
    think it may have been in the MOD news paper with an article on the Clothing IPT & the new range of Dessie kit they have recently trialed/brought out.
  15. Been on issue in operational theatres for over a year now.