Is that the time already?

This week I was fortunate enough to come across, in a second hand book stall, a book by one Colin Laurie McKelvie. A man better know to us on here as Caubeen or "that pompous cnut Caubeen".

Dear arrsers all, it is exactly two years now since Caubeen went to the great snipe sanctuary in the sky. I do wonder what became of his faithful manservant Mulligan - did Captain Plume or Gallowglass take him over? Or perhaps Lady Hackett payed for him to be admitted to a home for the distressed serving men of gentlefolk...I care not.

Poor, silly, masquerading fcuker...his book - about snipe - is quite readable and very interesting. Oh my Walters, oh my caubeens! Why, why, why? If a glass of Bushmills passes my lips this evening - it has been known - then I may temper it with a bit of water and a touch of forgiveness.

Cuddles said:
Oh my Walters, oh my caubeens! Why, why, why? If a glass of Bushmills passes my lips this evening - it has been known - then I may temper it with a bit of water and a touch of forgiveness.

hmmm....that Bushmills appears to have made a pre-emptive strike, you maudlin auld bugger!!! :D

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Show a bit of respect, Cuddles. The man was a Brigadier for goodness sake.

Edit to add: Two years. Bloody hell.

No Sixty, he was a CCF lieutenant...but he knew his birds and beasties - their habits, foibles and most important of all how to get a fat lady to cook them! No not you BB67...

Fugly

ADC
DirtyBAT
Glory days indeed. That pompus cunt Gdav also fell in defence of his walty hero, did he ever come back? I recall that the clown threatened the CO's with several legal threats all of which were laughed at as the "delete" button was pressed.

"Caesar adsum iam forte, Crassus aderat. Caesar sic in omnibus, Crassus in is at." as I remarked to the GOC NI one afternoon over a cup of Bushmills with three sugars. He smiled and replied in his scholarly classicist's way "Fcuk off, cnut."

(From "Arrse forgets but she never forgives; a plain soldierman's tales" by Brig. CL McKelvie OBE, late RUR)

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Fugly said:
Glory days indeed. That pompus cunt Gdav also fell in defence of his walty hero, did he ever come back?
I don't think he could if he wanted to. Fairly certain that the COs suspended him, IP banned him and possibly went round to his house and filled him in personally.

Think I shall join you in raising a glass. He may have been an annoying cnut but at least his posts had some literary merit, unlike the dross being posted nowadays.

Slainte mhath :)

Well Caubeen is gone two years and our position should be nil nisi sed bonum de mortuis dicere.

I must say I do miss the old guy's posts, they were amusing. I wish someone could assemble a "Best of Caubeen's posts" file.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Cuddles said:
It might help if a gentleman of your vintage imagines it as a sort of computer version of the coloured rings one would attach to to the legs of one's favourite carrier pigeon. It aids in identification.

Cnut...I know what "IP" is but I couldn't see how internet protocols might sue Caubeen? Caubeen might have cursed them for they were his undoing in many ways! Oh that and not being a brigadier... :D

Latest Threads