Is that the time already?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Cuddles, Jun 9, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This week I was fortunate enough to come across, in a second hand book stall, a book by one Colin Laurie McKelvie. A man better know to us on here as Caubeen or "that pompous cnut Caubeen".

Dear arrsers all, it is exactly two years now since Caubeen went to the great snipe sanctuary in the sky. I do wonder what became of his faithful manservant Mulligan - did Captain Plume or Gallowglass take him over? Or perhaps Lady Hackett payed for him to be admitted to a home for the distressed serving men of gentlefolk...I care not.

Poor, silly, masquerading fcuker...his book - about snipe - is quite readable and very interesting. Oh my Walters, oh my caubeens! Why, why, why? If a glass of Bushmills passes my lips this evening - it has been known - then I may temper it with a bit of water and a touch of forgiveness.
  2. BugsyIII

BugsyIII On ROPs

3. Two years already? My, how time lies.

Did I say 'lies'? Slip of the tongue...
  4. And I shall join ye's... with a tin of flat Fosters... probably.

5. hmmm....that Bushmills appears to have made a pre-emptive strike, you maudlin auld bugger!!! :D
  6. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Show a bit of respect, Cuddles. The man was a Brigadier for goodness sake.

Edit to add: Two years. Bloody hell.
  7. No Sixty, he was a CCF lieutenant...but he knew his birds and beasties - their habits, foibles and most important of all how to get a fat lady to cook them! No not you BB67...
  8. At least some portions of this thread should be in latin or we won't have done a proper job.
  9. Now they were glory ARRSE days :)
  10. Sixty

Sed Hibernia recordat haudque excusat.

11. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Glory days indeed. That pompus cunt Gdav also fell in defence of his walty hero, did he ever come back? I recall that the clown threatened the CO's with several legal threats all of which were laughed at as the "delete" button was pressed.
  12. Thank You.
  13. "Caesar adsum iam forte, Crassus aderat. Caesar sic in omnibus, Crassus in is at." as I remarked to the GOC NI one afternoon over a cup of Bushmills with three sugars. He smiled and replied in his scholarly classicist's way "Fcuk off, cnut."

(From "Arrse forgets but she never forgives; a plain soldierman's tales" by Brig. CL McKelvie OBE, late RUR)
  14. Sixty

I don't think he could if he wanted to. Fairly certain that the COs suspended him, IP banned him and possibly went round to his house and filled him in personally.