Is that the british army law????

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by Army_Force, Mar 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well I'm german and married to a british soldier...but now we are separated,and he sais that I must give him my Army ID card back,which I got from the Army when we married!!!And now I don't know if I really should give it to him,...cause I know from my marriage before that I had to give it back when we divorced....!!(But he was in the american Army)...and now he sais,that when I don't give it back in the near future,the MP(Military Police)
    will come and I will go to jail....(what I don't believe :? )
    My guestion is now:Is that the british army law,that when the family is separated,that the wife has to give it back,even when their still married? :? :( Please Help.... :cry:

2. You've double posted here AF, maybe ask the MODs to delete this one?

3. Blah blah blah. Just give the card back and keep out of civilised peoples NAAFIs.

Really do not have the patience to listen to whinging Herman spouses, went through it all about 20 some years ago, and it has forever tarnished my attitude.

By the way, wudjablowme, and I will give you some duty free smokes all the way from Kanada (that is Kanada N. Amerika, and not Kanada Auschwitz-Birkenau) I could wear my striped P.J.s if it would turn you on. I could call you Sturmbahnfuhrer Hoess, and you could call me Itszak. We could even shower together, just so long as those crystals you use are actually bath salts and not Zyklon-B.

I will probably look back at this post when sober, and regret nothing!

4. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Yank and a Brit ?
    If you marry a Russian next do you get to run Berlin?

5. Under current military law, if you keep the ID card for more than 24 hours after you separate from your husband then you are liable to arrest by the German or military police for suspected terrorism / espionage. I would hand it in as soon as possible and apologise for not trying harder in your marriage to a British soldier.

6. Small problem in understanding - as usual. If the ID card is part of her military identity and there is an obligation to cancel it, how and why does she remain liable to action under military law? I understood that sort of Brit dominance ended in 1952?
    The poor cow does not seem to have had a very good service here. Accidental discharge seems to be confirming his avatar name in the light of the way he was conceived. Someone else assumes that she was responsible and castigates her for the break down of the marriage. This Law thread has degenerated into a NAAFI annex.
    Is there a Mod in the house?

7. Phone the unit Families Officer (now a Welfare Officer) and ask him. He will tell you exactly what you need to do etc. You should be able to get his number from the internet or Hive, or friends in the area. Maybe even your husband.

Obviuosly I don't know your situation, but if you still have a child in a school on camp or your quarter is inside the wire, you may need to keep the ID to get to that location.

If your husband is being an ArRSe might be better to hand such documents to the Armed Forces direct (ie the Welfare Officer) and/or get a witness or receipt for anything handed over.

We had a girl who seperated, who lived in the quarter (on camp) for 2 months before moving. She had her ID card throughout. When did this rule come in?

8. she was probably english, under the 90 day ruling, this one sounds as if they have their own place. why need an id card if your camp is 200km away?

are you at traz and he has been posted in germany?

9. Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, post this in the NAAFI! Must................resist...........urge....to....comment.