Is SYSEX in Blandford, Sh1te?

#1
Did PD19 course last year, but cos i was downgraded, only got offered Trade Training in Blandford. I've since been upgraded, and am in the process of doing PD19 (Selection for Potential Ph1, Ph2 mil, Trade training instructor) again. However, i'm due posting in the start of August, my YofS has been onto Records, and they've said the only place i can go to at the minute is Trade training, as they're crying out for instructors. My YofS reckons i should take the hit in the arrse, get posted as a Trade training instructor, and then get posted within RSS when i get there. Now i've been told this is incredibly difficult to do. Fact is i've heard all aspects of being a trade training instructor is sh1te, and to be honest the thought of teaching trade makes me feel physically sick. The RCMO recommended 2 years ago, that i not bother going YofS and to pursue the RD side. Now that i have, getting loads of mil quals, acting troop Sgt, and stuff, all they are offering me is Trade! Am i getting the shaft or what. I thought Trade training was for pot YofS??? Any one got any sensible advice, cos i think i'm being reamed here
 
#2
You have to do a training regiment at some stage in your career if you want to get passed Sgt. Blandford isnt that bad, what trade are you?
Who says it will be SYSEX you go to
You are not being shafted.
 
#9
If you have plenty of mil skills quals you may slide in to 4 Sqn.

Failing that, it is still time teaching/instructing and looking after phase 2s so will not harm your chances of promotion up the RD roster, just because it is not "keen and green".

Who knows you may decide that YoS is possible and give it a crack, what have you got to lose?

Give it a go and if you don't like it, see if you can move around once in Blandford.

The posting isn't great, it is in the South and expensive, but the camp is good the pads are great, depending where you end up, and it could be worse.
 
#10
There was talk recently of awarding those in Trg environments an extra point or half point on the board so it may not be all bad. Whilst you are a soldier first, remember that you are also a tradesman and it would be waste not to pass on your experience. If you were any good that is.
 
#12
war_torn_armoured_guru said:
id say stop bloody whinging and get yerself posted. its obvious that you are shite at your trade and a * soldier or you would get a posting of your choice
What great advice.

Fcuk off nobber.
 
#13
heidtheba said:
war_torn_armoured_guru said:
id say stop bloody whinging and get yerself posted. its obvious that you are shite at your trade and a * soldier or you would get a posting of your choice
What great advice.

Fcuk off nobber.
Oh come on mate, it took 11 months for that last post. It must be nerve-tinglingly awesome and we're just too thick to see it! :D
 
#14
chocolate_frog said:
The posting isn't great, it is in the South and expensive, but the camp is good the pads are great, depending where you end up, and it could be worse.

What, have they been knocked down and rebuilt :D
 
#15
PoisonDwarf said:
heidtheba said:
war_torn_armoured_guru said:
id say stop bloody whinging and get yerself posted. its obvious that you are shite at your trade and a * soldier or you would get a posting of your choice
What great advice.

Fcuk off nobber.
Oh come on mate, it took 11 months for that last post. It must be nerve-tinglingly awesome and we're just too thick to see it! :D
Of course you are right PD.

To think all of that up in 11 months he/she/it is obviously far more intelligent than the rest of us :wink:
 
#17
Accidental did go to Blandford and did work in SYSEX (now ETT) but doesn't anymore. He got retoured in another dept. (tee, hee) I think he is happy
 
#19
Ask to re-visit your RCMO again - things do change in 2 years, your profile for one and the quality of your CRs in another. Your RCMO can gain the current snapshot of there you sit amongst your peers and he will advise you accordingly. Even if you have good potential for Yeoman, not everyone will make it - only the best! If you think you are that good speak with your OC/YofS to see if they will back you but you should also use your RCMO. Best of luck and having served in Blandford I can tell you that against all the odds (and my judgement), I really enjoyed my time there. There is nothing wrong with gaining some mil courses and using them to good effect nomatter which way you decides to go.
 
#20
accidentalscaley said:
The RCMO recommended 2 years ago, that i not bother going YofS and to pursue the RD side.
Shock headline....RD bloke recommends RD is far better path than YofS!

I was working with a SSgt YofS about a 18 months ago who was ex-216 and was RD-qualled to death - skillies, NBC, mapric etc, and he had just returned from an op tour as AWO2. He couldn't work out why he missed out on the promotion board so he spoke to the RCMO who said "you need more RD courses, Yeoman". Genius.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
plasticbrummy Royal Signals 6
G Royal Signals 45
E Royal Signals 25

Similar threads

Latest Threads