Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is SAS survival secrets correct about level of training?

It must be a spaniel/footwear thing. Shoes are the speciality of my Springer - we have single shoes hidden all over the house and the daily routine involves hunting high and low to pair them up.
Yep certainly is, whenever we return home if we have been out ours pick up shoes, slippers indeed any foot ware and parade around the house showing them to anyone who is foolish enough to notice.

Vampires call used ones 'tea bags'.

Hat, coat....

Wordsmith

You've never had an argument with a feminist then about why don't vampires hunt women on the blob

They came up with the fairly decent argument that the blood wouldn't be living and thus be off no use to them

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
You've never had an argument with a feminist then about why don't vampires hunt women on the blob

They came up with the fairly decent argument that the blood wouldn't be living and thus be off no use to them

I try not to have arguments with feminists - they tend to be devoid of a sense of humour. And when the penny eventually drops that I've been winding them up for the past ten minutes, the teddy throwing tends to be epic.

Wordsmith :eek:

I try not to have arguments with feminists - they tend to be devoid of a sense of humour. And when the penny eventually drops that I've been winding them up for the past ten minutes, the teddy throwing tends to be epic.

Wordsmith :eek:

I'm quite an equal opportunist, I'll pick a fight with anyone

In SAS survival secrets 'firearms' training it was said that 'in the regular units soldiers often do not fire more than a few rounds there entire career, however in the SAS they practice shooting daily'

Is this true?

They fire more rounds to hit the targets because they have black tape over their eyes.

Chef

LE
Oh it will be
you will be told to leave well alone and let the grown ups do the bangy stuff

I remember being all excited about the bangy stuff. Until I realised you have to carry and clean the damn thing.

Big advantage of cmnd tp, clean it before the excercise into a bin bag and behind the map board until home time.

I never did the steely eyed dealer of death course. But I did have lots of lumi colours.

morsk

LE
Na. Im joining intelligence corps soon. I just hope the firearm training is really good.
You will be an absolute stellar addition to the Intelligence corps, I have no doubt.

Or do i?

shadowonarun

Old-Salt
In SAS survival secrets 'firearms' training it was said that 'in the regular units soldiers often do not fire more than a few rounds there entire career, however in the SAS they practice shooting daily'

Is this true?
There's a really accurate documentary series available on both Amazon and Netflix about a particular unit in the SAS over a number of training cycles. I suggest you sit and watch all of Ultimate Force and you'll be as up to speed on their training as you'll ever be.

Don't forget the other essentials like getting a Spice Girl to piss on you, like Bear Grylls demonstrated if you are ever stung by a jellyfish

Do I have to be stung by a jellyfish first, or is that bit optional. Erm, asking for a friend?

Apparently Bear later admitted that being stung by a jelly fish was optional, he wanted the placebo effect of being pissed on by a Spice Girl

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Don't forget the other essentials like getting a Spice Girl to piss on you, like Bear Grylls demonstrated if you are ever stung by a jellyfish

Do you get to choose your Spice Girl?

Which Spice girl? Geri or Emma could reduce me to papier mache, but you can keep the lesser, the alkie and the hatchet-faced one married to the footballer.

Not Emma. She’s got an arrse like a WRAC Scammell driver. She should have been called ‘Child-bearing hips Spice’. On average, her and Skeletor Spice would have made two nice girls.

The others are all right. Bull Dyke Spice actually looks better these days...

Latest Threads