Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is SAS survival secrets correct about level of training?

My cocker spaniel swallows socks whole and then either throws them up or passes them out through his bottom.

Picking up a dog rocket wrapped in semi-digested hosiery adds a whole new dimension to the dog-owning experience, however, on the plus side, he is a squared-away hound who can reasonably claim to have his shit in a sock.

Cats seem to be obsessed with socks as well, chasing them rather than eating them though thankfully

Though their habit of chewing used sanitary towels is just as gross

I'll tell ya something, though: James/Shockwave/Whatever has played a blinder - opens a profile on Sunday, plays the cunt for 48 hours and then quickly spirals into a knobthroat post which results in RoPs and a half-decent Post and Site banning by Wednesday!

That's skill is that . . .

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
Cats seem to be obsessed with socks as well, chasing them rather than eating them though thankfully

Though their habit of chewing used sanitary towels is just as gross
Why do you use sanitary towels? As an aside my daughter calls them 'clot mops'.

Niamac

GCM
We were hill-walking in the Pentlands when shots were heard from the Castlelaw ranges. We could see what appeared to be about 20-25 soldiers on the firing point. The firing only went on for a short time and I guess maybe 50 to 60 shots were heard then it stopped. Later in the day a second period of firing of similar duration took place. I could not for the life of me understand what was going on. Redford barracks is used for recruit training but to spend all day on a range to fire very few rounds struck me as very odd.

Euclid

War Hero
We were hill-walking in the Pentlands when shots were heard from the Castlelaw ranges. We could see what appeared to be about 20-25 soldiers on the firing point. The firing only went on for a short time and I guess maybe 50 to 60 shots were heard then it stopped. Later in the day a second period of firing of similar duration took place. I could not for the life of me understand what was going on. Redford barracks is used for recruit training but to spend all day on a range to fire very few rounds struck me as very odd.
Firing squad?

They failed their APWT and just had to complete one element of it?

Would you care to (badly) quote some Shakespeare?

"Is this a dagger which I see before me,
The handle toward my hand?"

Why do you use sanitary towels? As an aside my daughter calls them 'clot mops'.

The missus does, cats have got them out of the bin before

Why she uses them in preference to other things, that's above my paygrade

March and Shoot ? One of our tests was 10 miles in CEFO, assault course, then straight to the firing point and blast off ten rounds at 100 yards. Several platoons would be doing this, with staggered start times, so firing on the range would be intermittent.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
My cocker spaniel swallows socks whole and then either throws them up or passes them out through his bottom.

Picking up a dog rocket wrapped in semi-digested hosiery adds a whole new dimension to the dog-owning experience, however, on the plus side, he is a squared-away hound who can reasonably claim to have his shit in a sock.

My clumber spaniel takes my shoes to her bed.
Doesn't chew them, just casually carries the odd shoe (sometimes 2) to her bed causing much amusement

Doesn't chew them, just casually carries the odd shoe (sometimes 2) to her bed causing much amusement

Have they ever tried to water the shoes?

Thankfully, no.

Be thankful our cats have been known to leave cat toffee in my missus shoes but not mine

Don't if because of the manner she randomly leaves them about the house, and/or it's some kind of cat vendetta

Hmmm...

nice music too - are they 'Proud Boys' or something?

I shall PM you on the matter.

In the meantime the ones in the Shaw video are all police/sheriffs deputies.

Last edited:

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer

It must be a spaniel/footwear thing. Shoes are the speciality of my Springer - we have single shoes hidden all over the house and the daily routine involves hunting high and low to pair them up.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
It must be a spaniel/footwear thing. Shoes are the speciality of my Springer - we have single shoes hidden all over the house and the daily routine involves hunting high and low to pair them up.

"Lord 'ward" best mate of pip the dead tap dancing pirate dog ate a few pairs of my wife's shoes.
He was a collie cross-fuck knows

Are our Cockers related? the younger of my pair does exactly the same trick.

Latest Threads