Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is SAS survival secrets correct about level of training?

Right at the beginning of this clip

At the risk of offending, I will politely say that the pistolcraft in that video leaves something to be desired.

This is more like it:

As is this:

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
From a few years ago, these photo's would seem to confound the original supposition

1601420505247.jpeg

1601420560719.jpeg

1601420591179.jpeg

1601420613203.jpeg

In SAS survival secrets 'firearms' training it was said that 'in the regular units soldiers often do not fire more than a few rounds there entire career, however in the SAS they practice shooting daily'

Is this true?

I live <1 mile from an Infantry barracks and the range is used 4-5 days per week. It's great, means our dogs are comfortable with bangs

Thus, answer to Q2 is No

Hmm... well as a reservist I would fire anywhere between 25 round (minimum) and well over 5000 per year. It depends what job I am in, and if I am doing shooting team that year (depends on job!)

25 rounds is the minimum to be classed as efficient at very low readiness (normally training staff). Normally it is around 100 rounds (medium readiness), either can be higher for shooting team or if warned off for ops and so on.

In SAS survival secrets 'firearms' training it was said that 'in the regular units soldiers often do not fire more than a few rounds there entire career, however in the SAS they practice shooting daily'

Is this true?

Only when it doesn't conflict with the creative writing course.

The "find a publisher" module has been replaced with "brand placement using Social Media"

Is this true?

As you are allegedly joining the Int Corps, I would rush out and buy one of these.......

pencil sharpener.jpg

..... then practice like a demon on the Load and Unload, leave the stripping and assembling until you get to basic training.

You will really rock with the Instructors if you can turn up pushing out 60ppm ( pencils per minute ) in the standing, kneeling and prone unsupported positions.

Last edited:

auggie rock

Old-Salt
I purchased the popcorn some time ago, but am yet to be suitably entertained. Come on, chaps. He's joining the Int Corps soon, desperate to start shooting things, etc. This is potential gold.

I purchased the popcorn some time ago, but am yet to be suitably entertained. Come on, chaps. He's joining the Int Corps soon, desperate to start shooting things, etc. This is dog plop.

I purchased the popcorn some time ago, but am yet to be suitably entertained. Come on, chaps. He's joining the Int Corps soon, desperate to start shooting things, etc. This is potential gold.

I get the feeling this thread will not be going anywhere ... it has the stench of death about it, the sense of a looming double tap and then one to the head to make sure. (I think I've got that right.)

Is this true?

The answer is █ ███████ █ ███ ██ █ ██████ ██ ██████ ██ ████ █ ███. Top secret, obviously, but the site censors are probably still all asleep.

I get the feeling this thread will not be going anywhere ... it has the stench of death about it, the sense of a looming double tap and then one to the head to make sure. (I think I've got that right.)

Would you care to (badly) quote some Shakespeare?

Is this also an area moderated by The_Duke? Bollocks.

This is now in the hole and the OP is on RoPs. Looks like the rest of escaped unharmed

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Would you care to (badly) quote some Shakespeare?

To shoot or not to shoot,
That is the question.
Whether it is nobler to
Face the wrath of the range staff
For not knowing where the safety catch is because it has been 2 years since you last handled a gat

Na. Im joining intelligence corps soon. I just hope the firearm training is really good.
Why? Do you think you're going to be like James Bond? :)

As long as it doesn't go on....

Makes bad contraception.

You're supposed to put the condoms over your feet before you put on your socks, keeps your feet drier when you're likely to be wet terrain

Pretty handy for sports enthusiasts too for the same reason

As you are allegedly joining the Int Corps, I would rush out and buy one of these.......

View attachment 508457

..... then practice like a demon on the Load and Unload, leave the stripping and assembling until you get to basic training.

You will really rock with the Instructors if you can turn up pushing out 60ppm ( pencils per minute ) in the standing, kneeling and prone unsupported positions.

Men In Black walt!

Uh huh.

[Cough] sock [cough]
I'm getting a feeling it's Shockwave / Greenfly. Again.

It seems to be about the correct level of penistry - interested in the SAS, and in a PM to me he was talking about SIS as well.

He's very wierd.

Last edited:
At the risk of offending, I will politely say that the pistolcraft in that video leaves something to be desired.

This is more like it:

As is this:

Hmmm...

nice music too - are they 'Proud Boys' or something?

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
They go between boots and feet. Usually one per foot.

My cocker spaniel swallows socks whole and then either throws them up or passes them out through his bottom.

Picking up a dog rocket wrapped in semi-digested hosiery adds a whole new dimension to the dog-owning experience, however, on the plus side, he is a squared-away hound who can reasonably claim to have his shit in a sock.

Latest Threads