Is P coy really that easy???

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by 20/20, Jun 30, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

I'm new to this site and Im in the application process for both the Royal Marines and the Parachute Regiment. I always wanted to join the Para's but Im really torn now as Ive heard that P Coy is just an attendence course and Id get a much greater sense of achievement by doing the commando course. Also, Ive heard that the Royal Marines are generally better trained and more competent at soldiering.

Any Advice??
  2. :lol: :lol: :lol: This is a wind up right ?
  3. WAH a bad one but still a WAH
  4. You won't get in with your flat feet.... :roll:
  5. No honestly,

I know someone in 4PARA, he said that P COY was very easy and really disappointed that it didnt challenge him. Thats why Im thinking about the Royal Marines.
  6. RED WAH-LERT!!!

7. What is a WAH?
  8. Wah alert.
  9. Definitely...
  10. A WAH is a mechanism whereby an unsuspecting and often kind hearted member of.... oh...wait... i've just remembered we're on RED WAH-LERT.

I'm off to fetch my personal body wah-mour, shouldn't be out here without it...
  11. It was hard in my day.

*swings lamp*
  12. Is your surname Golden?

If it is,who wrote this for you?

No,on reflection I think it is WAH-time!
  13. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

P Coy is actually easier than the adventure training weekends in one of the simpler regiments. You'll find it a walk-over.

I do however think that someone has told you a bit of a porky about the Commando course though. It's not actually any harder than the Para course, but you are required to use your noggin a little bit (not much though).

For either one of these courses, you just need to make sure you can jog a couple of miles with, say, 5lb of weight on your back within a reasonable sort of time, and make sure you can do at least 10 pressups.

There's a few guys and gals on here that have done one course or the other, and will confirm that there is a disappointment factor in either one - this being that it's simply not hard enough.

There's guys who have been running 10 milers with 40-60lb of weight on their backs, expecting the course to be much harder than it actually is, only to find out that they've been over-training, and would have been better going straight into the SAS instead - which is a little bit harder than either the Commando Course OR the Para Course.
  14. I dont knnow what a WAH is, All I want to know is how easy is P COY. I'm reasonably fit and just dont want to turn up and feel let down if I dont break a sweat.

Honestly - How hard can it be?