Is owning a Taser legal in the UK?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by fltpilot, Jul 29, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So is owning a taser legal?
    Or are they classed in the same bracket as firearms?

2. No.

And they are classed as a prohibited weapon, along with assault rifles etc.

3. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

If caught with one, or trying to import one, go to jail, go directly to jail, do not pass go, do not collect £200.00.

4. I've got 2 canisters of CS type spray I proffed in Kosovo, I fired a burst into the conservatory with a couple of pissed mates and it is strong stuff, it makes you curl up in a ball on the deck and try to cough your anus out from your mouth, dogs dont like it either.

5. I'm glad they're illegal, like MAC 10s, pistols and flickknives. Stops villains arming themselves with stuff I can't have.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mr_Fingerz

Whatever you do, don't discharge said canister in a curry house (esp not in Chester).

Was present when someone else did when he discovered his other half with someone she shouldn't have been with. Had two results;

1 About 40 covers couldn't finish their meals (and I'd just ordered "named meat madras", two naan, and a pint of Cobra).
    2 Cheshire Police turned up to question the world and it's spouse until silly o'clock in the morning.

7. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

I see a fundamental flaw in your assumption........

• Like Like x 1
  8. If you should somehow have come into possession of one, I advise whizzing it into the nearest canal, river, quarry pit etc.

9. What's the line that separates a cattle prod and a tazer?

10. You fucking party pooper.

11. Mr_Fingerz

Probably the one on the ground that you stand behind whilst annoying cows with the prod in your hand, rather than the 15 or so meters that stand between you and the twunt with two electrodes fired into him.

Other than that, you can use a cattle prod to control cattle (but not humans - as BAE found out when they tried to export some to Saudi (allegedly)), but trying a tazer on cows is not for the weak minded.

12. Better that than him taking his pooper to a five year party in one of Her Majesty's fine institutions of incarceration.

13. Taser, CS gas, Lucozade bottle of ammonia; all classed as firearms and not a good idea even in your own home. Hit them with a big torch instead.