Is Nick Clegg able to lead LibDems to the victory?

Would you vote for LibDems?

• Never

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe, but unlikely

• I am thinking about it

• Rather yes

• Of course, yes

• Total voters
They'll do what politicians always do, lie to get in power then feather their own nests at the taxpayers expense.

I may be a cynic but unfortunately I'm also a realist!

I'm disturbed by his refusal to contemplate an English parliament too. Between the EU and The West Lothian question there is a serious democratic deficit in UK.

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
The_Cad said:
They'll do what politicians always do, lie to get in power then feather their own nests at the taxpayers expense.

I may be a cynic but unfortunately I'm also a realist!

I'm disturbed by his refusal to contemplate an English parliament too. Between the EU and The West Lothian question there is a serious democratic deficit in UK.
Well I have to say I'm sold on Europe, I consider it a given. So long as the monarch's head is on the British Euro, and the UK holds on to its own reserves, I say onward. Quite suprised that I have become pro-European I was contra for many years. In regard to European migration I consider it a sound way for spending the same money twice, like I said.

The current cost to the UK (Meaning England lets face it) over the next 3 years is estimated at £71 Billion. All this in a country where thousands of old people will freeze to death due to fuel poverty, not to forget the massive increases in child poverty and child homelessness.

Economically we need out, politically we need out and in my opinion morally we need out.

The moment the EEC converted to something more than a trading bloc, then the people of these Islands should have been given a say. Until we have a say then no EU law has any legitimacy. It is the foundation of our democracy that our laws are made by our elected representatives and not by unelected foreigners. (I consider Cyclops to be in that category BTW)

Our country has been betrayed by those elected to look after our interests and my fondest wish is that one day they will answer in court for their sleaze and corruption.

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
The_Cad said:
The current cost to the UK (Meaning England lets face it) over the next 3 years is estimated at £71 Billion. All this in a country where thousands of old people will freeze to death due to fuel poverty, not to forget the massive increases in child poverty and child homelessness.

Economically we need out, politically we need out and in my opinion morally we need out.

The moment the EEC converted to something more than a trading bloc, then the people of these Islands should have been given a say. Until we have a say then no EU law has any legitimacy. It is the foundation of our democracy that our laws are made by our elected representatives and not by unelected foreigners. (I consider Cyclops to be in that category BTW)

Our country has been betrayed by those elected to look after our interests and my fondest wish is that one day they will answer in court for their sleaze and corruption.
That's the contra view. It's not one I subscribe to. To be honest as soon as we entered into the EEC this was the logical conclusion; its going to take a while for the majority of the UK to get it, but eventually they will. I have far more in common with most of the Europeans I meet than with most of the Britons.

The EU, like all artificial institutions is doomed to failure. Its values and procedures are deeply anti democratic. It is riddled with corruption and its only aim is the complete centralisation of power.

I myself am convinced it will be English nationalism that will be the end of the EU and not the EU that will end English Nationalism despite their attempts to break us up into regions.

The Europhiles know this, that is why they are doing their best to deny us our democratic rights, that is why New Liarbour fear us.

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
The_Cad said:
The EU, like all artificial institutions is doomed to failure. Its values and procedures are deeply anti democratic. It is riddled with corruption and its only aim is the complete centralisation of power.

I myself am convinced it will be English nationalism that will be the end of the EU and not the EU that will end English Nationalism despite their attempts to break us up into regions.

The Europhiles know this, that is why they are doing their best to deny us our democratic rights, that is why New Liarbour fear us.
That will be the opposing voice that I don't adhere to. Good luck with your campaigning tho'...

Unfortunately EU law will soon make it illegal to campaign against membership. They are dressing it up as an Anti Xenophobia law but the effect will be to make any opposition to the EU a hate crime.

You may think I'm being a little paranoid but watch this space when they issue their European arrest warrant against me!!

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
The_Cad said:
Unfortunately EU law will soon make it illegal to campaign against membership. They are dressing it up as an Anti Xenophobia law but the effect will be to make any opposition to the EU a hate crime.

You may think I'm being a little paranoid but watch this space when they issue their European arrest warrant against me!!
Not heard about that, can you expand upon it, i.e. the law and how it could be used?

Link to the BBC:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/1947370.stm

Basically the EU directive effectively makes anti EU remarks illegal under the crime of Xenophobia.

For instance if I call the EU a bunch of self serving, unelected and corrupt foreigners I could be arrested, the fact that I am telling the truth is no defence.

What do you call a situation where criticism of the ruling political elite is considered a crime?

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
The_Cad said:
Link to the BBC:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/1947370.stm

Basically the EU directive effectively makes anti EU remarks illegal under the crime of Xenophobia.

For instance if I call the EU a bunch of self serving, unelected and corrupt foreigners I could be arrested, the fact that I am telling the truth is no defence.

What do you call a situation where criticism of the ruling political elite is considered a crime?
I'm not sure that accusations against the EU would be covered, unless you referred to particular individuals on the basis of their nationality or ethnicity as being relevant to your earlier points. For instance if you said

"Politician A from country B is corrupt and is exercising jurisdiction over the matters of the UK despite never having been elected by the people of the UK"

I can see no real problem so long as you have the evidence of the cited corruption. If however the claims were unsubstantiated and xenophobic (i.e. citing nationality or ethnicity as causal), then it might get you in trouble with a defamation case as well as the potential extradition.

ugly

LE
There is no "Whoe are the lib dems?" option

Nehustan said:
ugly said:
There is no "Whoe are the lib dems?" option
...or even perhaps 'Who dem libs'.
Thats your best post for a while :D

For a while this morning I was convinced they had voted in Lee Clegg. I kept trying to remember were I knew his name from.

He'd get my vote.