Is Nick Clegg able to lead LibDems to the victory?

Would you vote for LibDems?

• Never

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe, but unlikely

• I am thinking about it

• Rather yes

• Of course, yes

• Total voters
What do you think about chances of LibDems to win the next elections?

Would you vote for LibDems?

Do be brief. KGB you should already know the answer to this, are all the SVR officers in London too busy trying to find dissidents? Instead of doing their proper job of finding economic and political intelligence! God I hope the GRU aren't so thick.

Not a chance.

How many spoiled ballot papers had both candidates crossed out and either Vince Cable or Charles Kennedy written instead?

There will never be another Lib Dem Prime Minister. It's over 80 years since they won an election. The Labour party put them out of business.

Rather than breaking into factions and disappearing, they hang around and switch their 'allegiance' back and forth to whichever party seems likely to form the next government.

A better question would be, will the LibDems ever go into a coalition with the Tories? They seem pretty keen on Liarbour in Scotland and Wales.

Maybe this time round they might work out that the country would never forgive them for keeping the one-eyed pension thief in power.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/12/18/nlibdem318.xml

The son of a half-Russian father and Dutch mother, Mr Clegg speaks five European languages and is married to a Spaniard, Miriam Gonzalez Durantez, with whom he has two sons.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Clegg

His half Russian father, Nicholas, was a banker, and is chairman of The Daiwa Anglo-Japanese Foundation.[1] His Dutch mother Hermance van den Wall Bake[2] was a part-time teacher of children with special educational needs. He was brought up bilingually in Dutch and English and also speaks French, German and Spanish.[citation needed]

His great-great-grandfather, the Russian nobleman Ignaty Zakrevsky, was Attorney General of Senate in Imperial Russia.[3] Zakrevsky`s daughter, Alexandra Moullen was his great grandmother, and her daughter Baroness Kira von Engelhardt was his grandmother.[3] His great-great aunt was the writer and suspected spy Baroness Moura Budberg-Bönningshausen (born Zakrevskaya) who was also the mistress of R. H. Bruce Lockhart, Maxim Gorky and H.G. Wells
It is an interesting background.

Sergey - this is the Liberal Party at work. Maybe you lot could shed some light on this - I remember at the time thinking this was better than a Brian Rix farce.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_Scott_(model)

And they want us to vote for them. Mind you some of the jokes were good.

1. A famous book - Scott of the ArseAntics.

2. Scott to doctor - " Doctor I've got a splint in my arrse"

" A splint? Looks like half the Cabinets up there".

Have you seen Svens posts on this forum? - voting for them isn't an option it's suicide.

I've got to agree with Rickshaw-Major .... Sven has probably alienated most of the ARRSE members and look-ins against voting for something he supports. When I think about it, he is doing the other parties a favour so can't be all bad lol

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
Just found out (via wiki) that Clegg is an Anthropologist/Archaeologist...I like him already :) That said he also has a very familiar face, but I'm damned if I know from where exactly...been annoying me for months...

vote for libdem = vote for anarchy softer punishments, more immigration, tonns more cash given to scroungers.. **** that things are bad enough under labour.

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
See bold. I'm trying hard to correlate

Ancient_Mariner said:
There will never be another Lib Dem Prime Minister. It's over 80 years since they won an election. The Labour party put them out of business.
with

boredofmyjob said:
vote for libdem = vote for anarchy softer punishments, more immigration, tonns more cash given to scroungers.. * that things are bad enough under labour.
Given the Whigs haven't had a go for a while, and certainly not since post WWII immigration and the welfare state proper, your assumption does not compute and is creating a syntax error...

Well this is hard for me to say but, I'd sooner convert to Islam than vote Lib Dem. :D

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
ViolentBadger said:
Well this is hard for me to say but, I'd sooner convert to Islam than vote Lib Dem. :D
That must mean we are dialectic opposites as I have done and intend to continue to do both :D

Clegg said, "I have one simple ambition: to change Britain, to make it the Liberal country I believe the British people want it to be".

He is a Europhile, whereas the polls say that most Brits are the opposite. The Lib Dems have once again made a bad choice.

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
Actually just had a quick chat with a colleague who's off to the after gig party, and she was saying that Clegg is conservative concerning immigration. We were both actually slightly more pro intra-european immigration on the 'spending the same money twice' philosophy concerning enlargement...

Especially since Dr. Cable stood in PMQ's and said "So where's the referendum on Europe then? There is no one under 50 who has had a say on this issue in the UK"

"GET IN YOU OLD SMOOTHIE" I shouted at the screen. Or was that when he had a hold of that well-fit Alicia off the dancing thingy?

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
PartTimePongo said:
Especially since Dr. Cable stood in PMQ's and said "So where's the referendum on Europe then? There is no one under 50 who has had a say on this issue in the UK"

"GET IN YOU OLD SMOOTHIE" I shouted at the screen. Or was that when he had a hold of that well-fit Alicia off the dancing thingy?
So has Clegg got some prep. to do tonight for 12:00hrs on the morrow to put on an equally effective show, or does he not take up the reigns so quickly?

ViolentBadger said:

if they get in you will proberbly have to anyway as part of some politically correct lunacy..labour already rolled out the red carpet for the ******* but im sure the lib dems could rustle up some further treats for our immigrant best buddies.