Is my find any good?

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by Fat_Cav, Jun 5, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Moved house a few weeks ago and eventually got around to looking to see whatever crap the previous owners had left me in the loft. After squeezing through the unnaturally small gap I discovered, right by the hatch, in a cover with a tin of pellets, one of these . .

A BSA Supersport.

Although the muzzle end is different and looking on google it's some type of muzzlebrake??? Not sure exactly what model it is as the mount sits right over the full description. I can't bring it down for a closer look as I don't want my kids to see it yet. I can also make out in the description the figures 8A??

It also has an Apollo scope fitted to it.

Have I proffed anything half-decent or just cheap tat?
  2. I bought one of these years ago via a company called B&M modifications, they then tuned the spring up to just below legal max and added a full length moderator. This was back in 1998 and I haven't had any problems with it since. As a bog standard break air rifle it does what it says on the tin.
  3. No only that but you need to be aware that from February 2011, the Crime and Security Act 2010 makes it an offence for a person in possession of an air gun to fail to take “reasonable precautions” to prevent someone under the age of 18 from gaining unauthorised access to it.
  4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Sounds like reasonable precautions were taken unfortunately many arrsers arent that mature!
  5. I don't think BH was being funny, his comment is a cut & paste from the BASC website.

BASC - Air Rifle Code of Practice

I'm really up for using it and am thinking of joining the local shooting club, conviniently right opposite the kids scout hall.