Is life in the Forces really this bad?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Sranz1, Apr 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Whilst carrying out some research on my suitability for a career in the Armed Forces I came across this thread:

http://forums.parliament.uk/defence-recruitment/index.php?read,1,118,page=1

Whilst I appreciate that the forum is effectively encouraging criticism by asking the question "What are the disadvantages of working in the Armed Forces?...", this does give an extremely negative view of modern service life.

Is this the general consensus of most service personnel or is this simply a small minority of people who have perhaps become disillusioned with their service careers?

2. Hello Journo.

3. Tabloid or broadsheet?

4. I'm not a journo, I'm just asking as someone looking at the Armed Forces as a career option. If I was a journalist looking for stories of low morale, etc, I could take the information that's been posted on the link I gave earlier. I was just simply asking for your feedback.

5. what are you joining as?

6. Then ask down the careers office, tube. You could get blokes who love the army, and blokes who hate it on here. You won't get a definitive answer!

7. I was considering the Intelligence Corps or RAF Linguist. Due to my age (31), I need to be as sure as possible that it's the right step for me to take.

8. 2 very different trades therem what can you offer the forces?

9. Yeah, good move. Join an internet forum to seek advice on a possible career move.
    Go Int Corps, you have just passed the 1st test.

10. Take your discussion to the Intelligence Cell, this forum is for recruitment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.