Is Jim Rosenthal the most irritating and smarmy commentator?

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Ratfink, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Yes, he's an annoying smug git

2. No, I've been looking forward to his knowledgeable banter

3. Don't you remember Nigel Starmer-Smith!!!

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. He is just woodenly struggling to host the rugby reunion and the glorious prospect of the rugby world cup is darkened by the thought of him fronting it for ITV.
  2. Almost as irritating as David Pleat "kerb-crawling" through the footie commentary!!
  3. I don't know how much of the rugby will be aired on Radio 5 Live but the option is always there to turn the slimey cnut's volume down and listen to that instead!!
  4. Is it just me, or does anyone else think he looks like the Count from Sesame Street?
  5. Nice idea, I like it!

I thought it was interesting to see that many of the stars of yester-year who now ply their trade as pundits, journalists and commentators appeared so much more at ease and fluent in their delivery than Rosenthal. It made me even more irritated by his presence!!!!!!!!!
  6. Check out Nigel Starmer-Smith on google and you'll know why you don't see or hear anymore from the guy.

A complete tragedy.
  7. John Motson takes the title for the biggest cnut in sports commentary
  8. Nigel Starmer Smith was never smug, after all he played for england in the seventies! That will ease on the ego I think...He also knew the game inside and out.

Edited to add: The title of biggest cnut in sports commentary is currently held jointly by Butler and Moore. I cannot begin to tell you all how happy I am not to have to listen to two idiots, with no concept of what they should be looking at, talking idiocy.

Rosenthal is a knacker, fair enough.

9. Couldn't agree more! Remember this?
  10. Not a sports commentator,but the old drunk who does the police stop video's Alister Stewart is it?,what a over inflated ego that cnut has
  11. Have to agree with that; done twice for drink driving and still fronts the prog. Prick.
  12. Can't believe no ones said Andy 'Gamble' (blue nose cnut) Gray.

Annoying barsteward.
  13. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Stamer-Smith was a complete c unt. He played at the highest levels - admitted. But when it came to commentating it did not matter who was playing the only team was England. This was through the period where England's game plan was to push up to the other team's 22 and go for the penalty. Trys were considered a bonus but distracting for the team effort!!!!!.

Bill McLaren RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  15. Bill McLaren is the one true messiah vis a vis commentating on rugby. Ian Robertson comes a close second. However if john Inverdale mentions Esher RFC once more I will personally arrse-rape him (once I've finished with Eddie Butler) on national TV, DVD boxed set to follow!