Is it wrong to...

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by chrisg46, Feb 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

take flowers from a road side memorial to give to others? I mean, in the space of three weeks, we have had Valentines day, and got Mothers day coming up (Personally, also got the Wifes birthday). Thats three bunches of flowers to buy, which can add up when you have to include the various bunches you have to buy to say sorry etc.
    Whereas just going to waste by the side of the road are some quite impressive bouquets who, lets be honest, the intended recipient of is not in a place to appreciate them. Over time, these will also rot away into the mud, or get choked by the passing exhaust fumes.
    Surely i wont go to hell for quietly rescueing theses plants and delivering them to someone who would appreciate them with a smile?

2. As lonng as you remember to change the card!!

3. Remember to remove the tag that says 'srry uve gone bro, u woz a (insert gang name here) soljer'

4. Have to disagree with you on this one chris. If i'd have put flowers down to mark some friends / relatives death and some thieving git started nicking them I'd have to force the miscreants head down the nearest crapper and give him swirlies until he begged for mercy / drowned* :twisted:

*delete as applicable

5. And steer away from the ones arranged to spell 'RIP'. Take my word for it, they're a guaranteed passion-killer.

6. a better place is grave yards. Mothers day, Arbymum is getting a big flower thing that spell MUM.

7. Quality!!!!

8. Fill your boots Chris. Even if you don't need the flowers, you should vandalise and desecrate them. Roadside shrines are erected by morons who dont seem to realise that we have cemeteries for remembrance of the dead.

9. I don't think carnations spelling out GRANDMA would see him getting any spousal affection either! 8O :D

10. If my mum got this for mothers day she would be over the moon. Obviously i would change the cards. (if I had the time)

[​IMG]

11. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

ooh, i like your thinking, i could use a traffic cone as a vase....

12. There is of course a point where roadside shrines become an eyesore and should be removed. One up the road from me has been there for six months, all of the flowers are rotten and the Chelsea FC flag is now beige from exhaust fumes.

13. Coz they iz innit an if youz aks agin theyz gonna pop a cap on yo ass!

14. Do it, but get freshly laid flowers!!!!!! All the others will be dirty from the winter salt / general muddy crap.

15. Word. Respek