Is it worth my time? (Drugs related)

D

Deleted 183749

In my local park there’s a mid-small sized drug dealing operation going on, I am under the impression they are selling mostly cannabis.

I watched them briefly in action today and saw how they were going about their business.

The issue is they leave the park covered in litter, they make the place unpleasant and uncomfortable for the elderly residents and there was a stabbing (murder) in the park last year which is very out of character for my area. They also lit a bit of the park of fire last summer.

My question is;
Do you think it’s worth my time to compile a list of evidence to bring to the police?
Would the police take my report seriously if it was well put together?

I had planned to bug out key areas with small cameras in rocks, bug the area they stand with microphones and take pictures of the transaction with a DSLR camera from a OP about 100m away. I may be able to ID a few of the men aswell as they are local.

I could lead to arrests higher up aswell as a elderly gentleman was telling me that a black BMW pulls up every now and again and all the men get in and out one by one.

This idea probably seems a bit over the top, but they make the local park a shithole, and the lot of them are scum. Also this kind of thing rocks my boat aswell.

Is it worth the time, or am I just in dreamland here?

Last edited by a moderator:

endure

GCM
I suspect that the police already know what's going on. You might want to report it to them but getting involved in 'bugging' the dealers out might put you in personal danger.

In my local park there’s a mid-small sized drug dealing operation going on, I am under the impression they are selling mostly cannabis.

I watched them briefly in action today and saw how they were going about their business.

The issue is they leave the park covered in litter, they make the place unpleasant and uncomfortable for the elderly residents and there was a stabbing in the park last year which is very out of character for my area. They also lit a bit of the park of fire last summer.

My question is;
Do you think it’s worth my time to compile a list of evidence to bring to the police?

I had planned to bug out key areas with small cameras in rocks, bug the area they stand with microphones and take pictures of the transaction with a DSLR camera from a OP about 100m away. I may be able to ID a few of the men aswell as they are local.

I could lead to arrests higher up aswell as a elderly gentleman was telling me that a black BMW pulls up every now and again and all the men get in and out one by one.

This idea probably seems a bit over the top, but they make the local park a shithole, and the lot of them are scum. Also this kind of thing rocks my boat aswell.

Kill them

All those oldies are probably using them for the stuff that takes the edge off their dodgy hips.

D

Deleted 183749

I suspect that the police already know what's going on. You might want to report it to them but getting involved in 'bugging' the dealers out might put you in personal danger.
They definitely have a idea, but local Irish police aren’t known for being the most proactive. The hope would be that if I bring the evidence to them on a platter they would have no choice but to move in and make arrests.
Yes personal safety is the major concern, but I’m dealing with low level dealers here so I’m not overly concerned as long as I stay sharp.

D

Deleted 183749

Ask yourself where that freedom came from.

Was it ' Your Right '
Or did people who came before you pay for it with their blood ?

Do you understand ?
No not really, don’t plan on killing them mate if your being serious.
We live in a democratic society, and me going out and killing someone because their doing something illegal really fucks up the whole system.

poo_finger

Old-Salt
They definitely have a idea, but local Irish police aren’t known for being the most proactive. The hope would be that if I bring the evidence to them on a platter they would have no choice but to move in and make arrests.
Yes personal safety is the major concern, but I’m dealing with low level dealers here so I’m not overly concerned as long as I stay sharp.
Taking out low level dealers is a waste of time, they’ll easily be replaced and you’ll make yourself a target by disrupting the revenue stream (albeit short term) of whoever they answer to.
IMHO you should just submit intelligence and leave it at that. It all builds the picture, If plod want to act on it they will.

D

Deleted 183749

Taking out low level dealers is a waste of time, they’ll easily be replaced and you’ll make yourself a target by disrupting the revenue stream (albeit short term) of whoever they answer to.
IMHO you should just submit intelligence and leave it at that. It all builds the picture, If plod want to act on it they will.
Less about the dealers, and more about the area there dealing in, hopefully if arrests are made, their unlikely to use that spot in the future.
But yes, you make a very valid point.

No not really, don’t plan on killing them mate if your being serious.
We live in a democratic society, and me going out and killing someone because their doing something illegal really fucks up the whole system.

Democracy comes with a price.
Its not free - you have to want it.

Check out Ukraine if you don't believe me

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Democracy comes with a price.
Its not free - you have to want it.

Check out Ukraine if you don't believe me

I don't think carrying out a special operation to de-nazify the park is going to help

rgjbloke

On ROPS
On ROPs
Report it to the police and also have a chat with your local Councillors from your local authority.

The police will have a number of priorities and local officers may not be able to direct the resources needed to try and tackle the problem unless they are encouraged to do so by senior officers being requested to do that by local politicians.

You might also want to flag it up with your MP and ask them to encourage the police to look into it.

Don’t get involved on a personal level on the ground. You simply won’t know any of the individuals and what kind of threat they might pose to you if they realise what you’re doing.

There will almost certainly be knives handy for these people to use and there could even be firearms available to their close mates who’s interests might coincide with the money involved.

Leave that stuff to the people who are paid to take the problem on!

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
Book Reviewer

The issue is they leave the park covered in litter, they make the place unpleasant and uncomfortable for the elderly residents and there was a stabbing (murder) in the park last year which is very out of character for my area. They also lit a bit of the park of fire last summer.

My question is;

As an ex Police Officer I'll say, you're in dreamland. Your local Garda will not be recommending your actions. As an ex soldier, I'll say you have not got the experience or knowledge of preparing an OP. You start spending money on amateur cameras disguised as rocks and rustling about in the bushes you're going to get hurt.

I thought you were keen on joining RIR or 4 PARA. Concentrate on that. Unless that's a dream as well.

Contact your local Garda, make a complaint, that's your duty as a good citizen done.

D

Deleted 183749

Report it to the police and also have a chat with your local Councillors from your local authority.

The police will have a number of priorities and local officers may not be able to direct the resources needed to try and tackle the problem unless they are encouraged to do so by senior officers being requested to do that by local politicians.

You might also want to flag it up with your MP and ask them to encourage the police to look into it.

Don’t get involved on a personal level on the ground. You simply won’t know any of the individuals and what kind of threat they might pose to you if they realise what you’re doing.

There will almost certainly be knives handy for these people to use and there could even be firearms available to their close mates who’s interests might coincide with the money involved.

Leave that stuff to the people who are paid to take the problem on!
As an ex Police Officer I'll say, you're in dreamland. Your local Garda will not be recommending your actions. As an ex soldier, I'll say you have not got the experience or knowledge of preparing an OP. You start spending money on amateur cameras disguised as rocks and rustling about in the bushes you're going to get hurt.

I thought you were keen on joining RIR or 4 PARA. Concentrate on that. Unless that's a dream as well.

Contact your local Garda, make a complaint, that's your duty as a good citizen done.
Yes fair enough, wanted to get involved on a personal level as I think I’d do a very clean and thorough job on it, and it’s something I’d want to do. Realistically nothing major will come from reporting it, not enough Garda resources to put a small scale operation under observation. But that’s just how the cookie crumbles.

In regards to 4Para or 2 RIR, I cannot join as I am not a citizen of the UK. Will have to wait until after I finish college, and at that stage will likely pursue a commission.

Thanks for the input gents, won’t be taking the matter any further personally.

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
Book Reviewer
In regards to 4Para or 2 RIR, I cannot join as I am not a citizen of the UK. Will have to wait until after I finish college, and at that stage will likely pursue a commission.
You don't have to be a citizen of the UK to join the Army Reserve, you just have to live in the UK.

Latest Threads