Is it worth correcting?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by westendboy, Mar 8, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I don`t recall going to Brunei in the 70`s but my records say this is so.

Perhaps it was one of those drug induced trips which most of us have suffered.

Is it worthwhile contacting Army records and pointing out this discrepancy?

Members of my Regt at the time did go there but I`m pretty sure I wasn`t with them.

2. If you can't remember the 70's...

Whoa! That should be can and 60's. But would also apply to BAOR, I suppose... ...where you passed out before going to Brunei and where you woke up afterwards.

Keep it. It'll impress the ladies.
  3. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Speak for yourself. Drug Addict.
  4. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Is this a common thing? I too have been somewhere that I never went to, and they gave me a piece of tin for it - which just gathers dust in a drawer.
  5. Don't be hasty. I thought he was offering to resume his services as a mule.
  6. Yes but my point was how could I forget going to a far eastish country just around the end of the Vietnam war for just over 6 weeks?
  7. You must have been so traumatised you've erased it from your memory. Remember the military don't make mistakes. :)
  8. Actually it says 'BRUNRI', a since closed down Mental Institution for the hopelessly drug addicted.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. I'd be more concerned it says REME on there than anything else.
    • Like Like x 5
  10. Alzheimer's. It's induced by cooking food in aluminium pans, you know.

Did you ever use a mess tin for it's intended purpose? You may have a claim.
  11. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Shut it cowboy. Some of us are trying to resurrect the Brunei - Europort cocaine connection here. Go and get a cup of tea. We'll be in touch when we need you.
  12. I'd be most concerned about the bit that says 1971.

Why aren't you dead yet?

13. Because I kept my head down.

I think I was with the Valley of Death guys at the time in Fally. Some of them did go there and I just wonder why.
  14. Yes, never mind that. Old age should have picked you off by now.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. You`ll be old one day and regret you ever said that.
    • Like Like x 1