Is it worth buying a new SD?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Runner, Sep 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I recently bought a mess kit from Goodalls and I was so impressed with the quality and service I'm now really tempted to ditch my tatty second-hand SD and get a new one.

Goodalls have quoted me £705 inc. p&p including rank, buttons and badges (QARANC). Is that good?

I have problems buying second hand as I'm 6'3'' and, unlike some QA Majors, don't have a fat arse.
  2. Its a matter of balancing how often you will wear it v the cost. We wear our no more than 3 times a year so for me that would be a no
  3. msr

msr LE

3 times per year?

4. Aye Remeberance, one in house parade and sometimes have a random occassion.

do you think that is a lot/not a lot
  5. msr

msr LE

Haven't ever owned SD. Never needed it.

6. Don't suppose you use blue patrols either then?
  7. 6' 3" and with a skinny arrse? Sounds great, do you do house calls?
  8. and if you were Regular, you'd get it all paid for.....
  9. Over a few beers with our PSAO he seems to think I can get one free, gratis and for nothing, from stores - but I might have to wait a while. I only really wear it for rememberance and Corps day but also needed if I want to to the 'Turning of the Pages' at Westminster Abbey - which I have a fancy to do. So, on balance I might stick with the tatty one until I can get a new free one from stores.

By the way, there is, of course, the second hand shop at Keogh Barracks. However, I went there and they have nothing for men with arms like a gibbon.