Is it true that....

Discussion in 'Juniors' started by BigLeeNapes, Oct 22, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is it true that some soldiers in 2RTR get to take Tanks home at weekends
    providing that they cover them up so that they are not obvious?.
    If it is true then i am thinking of joining them, any info on this would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
  2. Yup they do have to pay company car tax though. It's a crippler.
  3. Could they not claim that back?, providing they have business insurance of course.
  4. No I'm afraid not and it's based on the 'cars' original purchase price.
  5. V poor attempt at a wind-up. 2/10. See me.
  6. Hahaha, excellent!
  7. Hmm, I bet those Tanks cost hundred's of pounds too, that's a shame but i might still join them.
  8. Oh and you are of course responsible for any fuel used. If you get your cat c&e just take it home on the back of a transporter you'll save a fortune on fuel. I'm not sure if you'd have to pay car tax on both though.
  9. Thought you was taxed on the CO2 emissions these days. Sod that i ain't taking one home. Unless it's a modern Euro5 engine with exhaust particulate trap and AdBlu.
  10. to get you back on track, you can follow the link and pad out that enquiry dont forget your tensioner. Though there is a negative turn available, you are not appropriately armoured enough to qualify under the HESH scheme. But if you save enough you can get the next round in at supercharged prices. A man of your calibre shouldnt worry about such things and small change will just end up being decoppered. Rifling through your pockets wont help so you will get taxed on driving your Tank home. But dont worry if overcharged you wont get fired for effect.

Hope that clarifies it for you.
  11. Hmmm.. its a bit like the RAF letting their pilots take their planes/helicopters home at the weekend, the Jet Jockeys dont normally bother, its a bit difficult finding suitable landing spaces, but the Heli guys can make fortune giving rides at fetes or chartering out to business men!
    Ditto the Matelots, the small ships can often be seen around certain seaside resorts giving trips around the lighthouse etc!!
  12. I'm not up to date on this stuff but how much would the road tax contribution be? Would it be allowed in central London ? Oh road tolls, would the rate be as a passenger car?
  13. Don't forget that it's essential to have RAC membership, because the AA won't touch these and if you ever get problems starting up in the morning you'll be in trouble.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. My dad said he would re tarmac the driveway and move the Caravan though so parking should be fine, My best mate just said that i would get half price fuel as long as i show my dog tag's and he is a c/sgt in Wilts ACF with a Nijmegen sponsored march medal so i think he knows what he is talking about to be fair.
  15. I thought you could only take them home if two of you lived in the same town/village,otherwise there would be no one in the turret to read the sat nav and give directions through to the driver.Oh and it's only when you have passed your H category(tracked vehicle) test.Insurance is a different ball game altogether,you would need to seek other arrsers opinion on that.