Is it true life in the RN has gotten much easier?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by frenchperson, Apr 19, 2007.

?
  1. It's tougher than it was in Nelson's time

3.2%
  2. It makes a man or woman of you

3.2%
  3. Pass that can. What time's the football on?

25.8%
  4. I'm not voting unless you pay me a substantial fee

67.7%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Or is it just a rumour?

Attached Files:

• ship.jpg
      File size:
      30.4 KB
      Views:
  2. Got to be a rumour mate, the navy donesn't have any carriers anymore, and the ship in question seems to be actually at sea so it's got to be a spoof.

3. That's the Invincible, which I believe is kept on 'standby' until 2010 or until The Stones do their next final world tour - whichever comes first.

4. ahhhh, that'll be the redused state of readiness thing that the Govt goes on about then....we will all know it as "mothballed awaiting an indian buyer"..I wonder how much these cnuts get paid to come up with alternative phrases?

5. They don't -we are now post Orwellian - we've ALWAYS kept our Fleet mothballed! We've ALWAYS sold ships to India.

Any more of your nonsense and it'll be Room 101!

6. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

The day the Navy does any operational work will be the day. Their idea of a military disaster is running out of factor 15 and the fridges breaking down- all on the same day.

7. Whys he asking about the Navy, on an army site?....I doubt many are interested in how easy or hard it is. Mind you, they have the likes of Faye Turney and Robert Bachelor serving, so that should answer that question.

8. Another question: Is life in the Army less hard now that it was during Wellington's time?

9. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Be fair. The navy go to the middle east and a select few get R&R in theatre. Can't be bad, I got sent home to the wife and kids.

10. The factor 15 is only for Jocks and gwar's. The rest of us use factor 0 bronzing oil :p

11. Ventress, I hope this is just an attempt to get people to bite.

12. I didn't read all the posts - I didn't want to. As the old radio show title said: 'Ignorance is Bliss'.

Two pieces that are not ignorant:

No Royal Navy - grand-parents speak German

Blokes in current Royal Navy are equal to any gone before them

I am Army - I was privileged to have spent three years of my Army service afloat with the Royal Navy in great ships (HMS Albion & HMS Hermes).

Current sh*te doing the rounds is media 'hype'.

Any problems the Royal Navy may be perceived to have are entirely, totally, absolutely down to our AWFUL POLITICAL 'MASTERS'

13. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]