Is it time to arm the Police with acid?

With the escalating occurance of acid attacks in the UK, is it time to start arming the police with acid for self-defence?
Criminals are currently able to operate with impunity, safe in the knowledge that the police don't have the tools to deal with them. Arming the police with corrosive fluids, perhaps with super-soaker toys, would put the criminal fraternity on the back foot.

Also, how about providing alkaline solutions to paramedics in order to neutralise acid which has been thrown over casualties? The current austerity agenda has probably hamstrung the NHS from providing world leading medical solutions.

As a stand-off self-defence safety item, they'd have to have regular tests to ensure they use it correctly. Those who fail can only have,say, knives or something.

...Those who fail can only have,say, knives or something.
I think the Police Federation reps will agree to that only if the knives are allowed to be dipped in acid.

But if we arm the police with acid, criminals will start to carry it.

Oh, wait. That logic doesn't work.

Obviously it does with firearms though.

Anyway;

You are behind the times, @BarcelonaAnalPark

Most police bosses are on it already.

It is the only thing explaining the decisions.

Oh. Not that sort of acid.

Anyway, back to the job

k1.jpg

Oleum it's the way forwards.

Only the old Scots Education System was good enough to teach the manufacture of Oleum using Vanadium as a catalyst to react sulphuric acid and sulphur trioxide (at O Level). Makes you proud etc particularly as the knowledge (as part of the guns to ploughshares initiative) has now been transformed into the manufacture of more benign substances than warlike explosives.

Web trader who risked life to produce 'highly dangerous' new drug faces jail

SCOTTTTTLLLLLAAAAAAANNNNNNNDDDDDDD. FRREEEEEEDDDDDDOMMMMMMM etc

The police don't need more weapons...

We just need the right sort of police...

judgedredd.0.jpg

With the escalating occurance of acid attacks in the UK, is it time to start arming the police with acid for self-defence?
Criminals are currently able to operate with impunity, safe in the knowledge that the police don't have the tools to deal with them. Arming the police with corrosive fluids, perhaps with super-soaker toys, would put the criminal fraternity on the back foot.

Also, how about providing alkaline solutions to paramedics in order to neutralise acid which has been thrown over casualties? The current austerity agenda has probably hamstrung the NHS from providing world leading medical solutions.

If you start arming the coppers with bottles of acid it'll be the start of a slippery slope towards a paramilitary police force. Soon your plod will be carrying sharpened toothbrushes then maybe even straight razors. Won't someone think of the children?

Well we did look at arming our soldiers with hydrocyanic acid in WWII. The idea was to fit something not to dissimilar to a Crocodile flame gun into a Sherman turret and give the Japanese a damn good hosing.

The police don't need more weapons...

We just need the right sort of police...

judgedredd.0.jpg

And a Judge Dredd sequel, no idea why that film flopped :( what is wrong with people

When I was a lad......

Living in Blackpool we had the usual bouncer hard men, usually roided up and full of anger be it GBH based or other substances.

I had a supply of ammonia through my work which some of the friends of friends used to put in those pump up aerosols to take care of a shitty bouncer or at least make him wind his neck in.

Acid is fooked though, whatever happened to the criminals code of ethics, Enid Blyton would be turning in her far away tree whilst moon face ate her pussy.

The hoo-haa of the past few days has made me feel like a proper street crim. I recently sent off for bottles of Sodium Hydroxide (caustic soda) and 91% Sulfuric Acid (drain cleaner).

Mugging?

Nope, cleaning and anodising aluminium. I'm glad I got a few bottles, now.

This joins a long list of things I've done, leading to restrictions.

Driving - passed test in '73, just after the Arab/Israeli war increased prices.
Rottweilers - then the 'Devil Dogs' Sun campaign.
Shotguns - not long before Hungerford tightened things.
F.A.C. - about to apply when Dunblane kicked off.

I can be bribed not to take up your favourite pastime.

At this rate they'll be trying to ban breasts as weapons of mass distraction

Latest Threads