Is it time to allow Saddam Hussein to speak to his Nation?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by EAGLE1, Sep 26, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is it time for Saddam Hussein to be allowed to speak to what is left of his people. Instead of killing the man could he be allowed to speak to the Iraqi people and bring around some kind of peace agreement. This may sound far fetched yet given the daily death toll wouldn't it be an idea worth discussing at the highest level.

Should Saddam be alone in the dock for his acts of killing carried out against his people or should Tony Blair also be joining him for HIS act of sanctioning death on a massive scale.

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
    Voltaire.

2. I often figured that with such anarchy that decended in Iraq, maybe Saddam was the man for the job. A hard man is needed again in Iraq but how can they ever strike a balance with so many sides

3. Isnt it called East Dakota or something now. It must be pronounced 'eye rack' because it is not Saddam's country. It belongs to the Americans now.

4. Speak to his country? Only thru a fcuking medium!

5. That's one for the nuthouse!

Saludos Amigos
    Zapata

6. "Is it time for Saddam Hussein to be allowed to speak to what is left of his people. Instead of killing the man could he be allowed to speak to the Iraqi people and bring around some kind of peace agreement. This may sound far fetched yet given the daily death toll wouldn't it be an idea worth discussing at the highest level.

Should Saddam be alone in the dock for his acts of killing carried out against his people or should Tony Blair also be joining him for HIS act of sanctioning death on a massive scale."

I nominate this post as the stupid post of the year...

Instead of killing him? If the US or the UK wanted him dead, he would be dead already.

If you are going to lock up Blair, with your premise, you would have to lock up every single Brit and US soldier/Marine. They too are sanctioning and, morever, conducting death on a massive scale.

Stupid is too nice a sentiment.

7. He will be executed most likely once found guilty of all his atrocities, so he will die, just after a fair and just trail...

If thats what you want to call it, personally if I was one of the soldiers that caught him id have cut his throat out there and then.

8. As someone who has said he should be strung up with a lenght of knotted rusty barbbed wire, even I think that there is no way he has had a fair trial.
    Not that I am saying he deserves one but History will judge just how the Nue Crusaders dished out Justice in the 21 century.
    john

9. Desparate times call for desparate measures.

Give the man a microphone.He kept the country in relative stabilty for 25 yrs.He must have been doing something right.

10. Well Hitler stabilized the Reichmark and created full employment in Germany, so would you regard Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain as a foaming at the rambo type individual for having declared War on Germany in 1939, on the grounds Hitler should have been left in power?

Saludos Amigos
    Zapata

11. My point is not that Saddam should ever be released, yet he is a precious commodity. A man with years of insight into keeping these seperate factions living in relative peace. I am well aware that he was a tyrant and killed his own people. Yet surely he could be persuaded to work alongside government agencies and give precious advice on restoring some form of peace in the region.

He has killed, Armies have killed, everyone keeps on killing. Will we get peace when everyone is eventually dead. 'Man stubborn to the core'.

Also there was many people at the very top in Britain who said we must never talk peace with Gerry Adams. yet someone had the change of heart I think it was Bill Clinton who helped finalise the whole process.

Now there is relative peace and people can go shopping with their kids without being blown apart this can only be a brilliant development.
    We must talk to terrorists or their leaders one day and then we can all find a way to live on in relative peace and stop using bombs as a cure all.

There must be dialogue from someone one day and hopefully soon. :?