Is it time for the Brits to ditch the monarchy?

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
It’s now the 21st Century, yet the UK still hangs on to an antiquated system going back centuries. While many believe that Aunt Betty, Phil the Greek and all the rest of the parasites have a largely representative role in society and otherwise no real influence, this vid might convince them otherwise:

It’s not just the billions they cost the UK economy, it’s also the fact that they (the royal family) effectively prevent any progress towards a more just and equal society due to their arrogant declaration of ostensible “superiority” simply because they’re “royal” and thus their endorsement of the damaging class system that does so much to undermine any real development towards a more enlightened and liberal society.

Aunt Betty should be the last of the line. When she goes, ditch the whole idea and go for a republic with semi-autonomous provinces (or whatever you want to call them). Anyway, distinct sections of the country not dependent on finance from a central gobment.

MsG

No.

Next stupid ******* question

It’s now the 21st Century, yet the UK still hangs on to an antiquated system going back centuries. While many believe that Aunt Betty, Phil the Greek and all the rest of the parasites have a largely representative role in society and otherwise no real influence, this vid might convince them otherwise:

It’s not just the billions they cost the UK economy, it’s also the fact that they (the royal family) effectively prevent any progress towards a more just and equal society due to their arrogant declaration of ostensible “superiority” simply because they’re “royal” and thus their endorsement of the damaging class system that does so much to undermine any real development towards a more enlightened and liberal society.

Aunt Betty should be the last of the line. When she goes, ditch the whole idea and go for a republic with semi-autonomous provinces (or whatever you want to call them). Anyway, distinct sections of the country not dependent on finance from a central gobment.

MsG
I don't think here particularly representative, but they bring in a net profit to the U.K. economy for starters.

I'd be interested to see where your 'billions' in cost comes from.

shibusa2

On ROPS
On ROPs
Didn't the British get rid of the monarchy a few centuries ago? If I remember correctly they didn't like it and brought the king back.

Last edited:
Clearly a fishing expedition - he's even used the term Gobment for maximum effect! :smile:
Totally disagree with the OP, particularly his use of the term parasites. Granted, I would quite happily agree to members of the extended family having to go out into the real world to earn their corn (Hello Beatrice, Eugenie etc), but hands off our Monarchy! The alternatives don't appeal to me personally.

MsG
How much do you contribute to this country, at least financially? Somewhere south of 2/6, methinks....

After all, the details of how much UKGov makes out of the royals, NOT including tourism, has already been posted elsewhere and that means you are, like with every other post you make, talking shite.

Unless you show us all where the official figures are wrong, of course.

You ******* moron

Compare the Royal Family to the present generation of politicians...

Only one of them has any sense of duty, responsibility or morality...

(Hint - it's not the politicians...)

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
Hands off my Lillibet.
So let me "translate" that for you: "I enjoy being being thoroughly fücked over by a set of parasites, who can only do so by dint of their birth" Would that be about right?

MsG

So let me "translate" that for you: "I enjoy being being thoroughly fücked over by a set of parasites, who can only do so by dint of their birth" Would that be about right?

MsG
Describing how a parasite such as yourself fucks over the UK taxpayer again?

MsG
Why do you care? You are a lying Fenien. What's it got to do with you who is our boss?

F*** off you daft c***.

Mods, please bin this twat He can't even quote the right post FFS.

I don't think here particularly representative, but they bring in a net profit to the U.K. economy for starters.

I'd be interested to see where your 'billions' in cost comes from.
Well its all the money shes given multiplied by 10 - Ignoring the fact that the Benefit sponging parasite A) Works so isn't a sponging parasite ( Value of her work is a separate argument - but that can be applied to any HM Gov position ).

Morover in our outrage to prove shes a pointless parasite we ignore that the money she is given is in fact a small percentage of the income she would have if she kept all the income from the crown estates - the majority of which goes direct to the treasury.

We should most definitely break up this antiquated institution and make her pay her own way, Don't give her a penny of our money maker her live on her own.

Sponge off me you parasitic old crone Here have a 200% tax rebate and pay your own way in future - that will learn her proper.

We can then take every penny we haven't saved and then spunk it up the wall renting Buck house or similar and organising all the pomp and splendour around a president.

But this is better because weve elected one of us - If by us you mean one of the privileged political dynastic elites prevalent in France and the US ( stand fast trump) and if by we voted you mean we got to chose between 2 political elites put forward by other political elites.

In retrospect _ I think Ill stick with Liz