Is it me......

They obviously have too much money in the company fund.

CO ' Well CSM what do you think we should buy to make the little darlings enjoy annual camp more this year?'

CSM 'well boss the army seem to be wearing a lot of the desert kit lately lets get them some of that. They can look real aly and blend in with the green grass(?)

Whatever.

Saying that though Ive been to a couple of brigade comps and whoever is acting as enemy gets issued with the desert kit.
I guess its a case of if you can get it then fair enough. Its not really hurting anyone I suppose, and as far as I am aware there are no rules against it. Its British military issue so if people want to stop them wearing it then you could argue the point and say to stop anything else from being worn that is not the norm in the cadet force.

My two tuppence worth anyhoo.

Its jealousy really isnt it rab :)

Yeah actually, I can imagine the gripping i'd get if I asked my CAA for a detachments worth of Desert Kit.

Ah well, good luck to them I suppose.

Another company in our county got a load in for last annual camp to dress up the 3* cadre to play the en for the excercise. To be honest listening to them they seemed pretty chuffed to look different to the others. Im all for it if it acts like a morale boost but if its cadre commanders acting like its there private militia on camps then it needs to be stamped out.
The best enemy uniform ive seen is a mcdonalds uniform!!

actually i think it is quite useful round the sand dunes at Altcar, it is different from the usual format and perhaps thats the reason behind it, the FUN factor etc also i noticed in some of the pics that cadets were wearing Green jacket and dessie kecks , so maybe that also a way to distinguish opposing forces.

Good to see my website is being noticed :)

We had 2 companies out on the training area for the field exercise and our company was issued deserts to distinguish them. I thought it was a good idea as not only did it distinguish us but it also meant we could save a set of green kit from getting dirty.

The reason you see some people in green jackets is because it was a bit chilly at times and no-one was issued desert jackets.

we had them when some of us went out to visit 1 rir in canada a few years ago.coz thats what everyone on the base was wearing and they had some going spare-so we borrowed them for the week.seemed fairt enough but i dont think it should be done if other units that need them for ops arent getting their hands on enough sets

Major_Sharpe said:
Good to see my website is being noticed :)

We had 2 companies out on the training area for the field exercise and our company was issued deserts to distinguish them. I thought it was a good idea as not only did it distinguish us but it also meant we could save a set of green kit from getting dirty.

The reason you see some people in green jackets is because it was a bit chilly at times and no-one was issued desert jackets.

erm isn't that like defeating the point of camouflage ?

God those pictures in desert DPM brings back some scary memories of Annual Camp at Knook a few years ago, as a UO, I was given the NCO cadre to baby sit, err sorry I mean run, and as we were enemy for every man and his dog, from our company, we needed to look different so it was decided desert DPM was the order of the exercise.

Now this is not sounding to bad at the moment almost a bit of a whinge, but when I factor in the fact that the RTR boys, from Harman Lines at Warminster, were also engaging the Royal Marines in a TESEX, on adjacent parts of Salisbury Plain and the RTR lot if I recall were also in desert DPM,you might start to see the angle I am coming from.

What if we get bumped by the Royal Marines, I was not too worried about how the Cadets would cope or how they would be treated, I was more concerned about the amount of Royal Marine gear, my little group of pickpockets, sorry NCO cadre, would probably lift!

Does make you wonder though, what sort of mind comes up with these bone ideas though, what next urban cam so we really stand out!

Did i see LSW's and proper webbing in those pics?! How do you get this kind of equipment for Cadets? I'm asking as i was in the cadets only a couple of years ago (Yes, im still VERY young) and we had all our LSW's taken away "For war stocks" (Honest, thats what we were told) and were left with those really annoying Cadet GP's. So how do different cadet forces get such different equipment? I am having a bit of a gripe here, my cadet force, although really fun and with top notch instruction, always seemed really... tramp-like in comparison to other forces at annual camps, what with our rag-tag combats (mostly pre-soldier 95, some new rip stop, some just strange), still wearing Olive Drab shirts, and a mentalist mix of combat kecks. How did we get such a poor selection whilst this lost, and others, seem to do so much better?

EDIT: Just looked further in the pics: GAZELLES AND CHINOOKS?! WTF?! Is this normal for this lot? We only ever got a visit from a couple of navy lynxes and one army lynx my entire time there (4 years!!). Seriously, how does this lot get such guchi stuff?!

Latest Threads