Is It Me Or Is Sven A Bit Of A Tool?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by The_Hussar, May 4, 2007.

?
  1. Yes

82.9%
  2. Possibly but wouldn't like to say

17.1%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. now i know i am somewhat of a whipper-snapper, but it seems that nearly every post Sven makes is generally a pile of warm manure. How come he has managed to evade the 02 tag. Or have i just got him wrong?
    Some one please explain.
    The Hussar

2. Oh dear, oh dear.

3. Your are probably right, but its been a burning question for a while. Am sure i'll regret it later, i usually do.

4. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

The thing about Sven is that he is indeed a bit of a tool (IMHO), and slightly to the left of Stalin despite being a member of the Lib Dems (and standing for them), but he doesn't get the o2 tag for good reason.

He is sincere in his lunacy, sticks to his guns, supports our armed forces as well as providing some much-needed balance, although his politics are completely fcuked. In his general left-wing dementia, he manages to extend some good debates and provides an 'alternative' view.

Long may he pontificate on ARRSE, and long may he continue to be the butt of our jokes and insults.

5. To paraphrase the old saying "most of what he says is bollicks but we will defend to the hilt his right to say it".

6. Biped, i know see what your saying, possibly 02ing him is bit harsh. I think it is the leftieness/lunancy that sometimes seems to grate me, or possibly flying in the face of the facts.

7. As the old saying goes - "Link please?" (St Sven of Arrse)

He's certainly done his bit to ensure the facts are well backed up, before he puts his spin on to them in his own inimitable way. If I hadn't read that he was a candidate in the election, I would have thought that he was the devil's advocate of devil's advocates. But he believes what he says. Hmm...

8. Sven may be a cunt.

He may be a member and council candidate of the Lib Dems.

BUT.....

He's our cunt, and he's a British Citizen who has the courage to stand up for what he believes in, something very rare in todays society.

So shut the fuck up sprog, :)

9. Sven hasn't got an O2 thief tag because he doesn't deserve one. Granted, most of his posts have me rustling my Telegraph and shifting agitatedly in my Chesterfield, but that's the nature of free speech and democracy.

Now the postings of Yannie, Pentwyn, Lynx02, Warrant, Lynksey etc...

an interminable stream of barely-coherent nonsense that has surely run its course.

By comparison Sven doesn't register on the annoyance scale. He's just stating his views. If you don't like them then tell him why.

10. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Spot on Jim, but if you do tell him why then be prepared for a lenghtly thread ;)

We may not agree with his politics, but this website is all about debate and discussion. If we did not have opposing views it would become a very dull place IMHO.

11. Yes, he is. But he has the strength of his convictions and that is a very rare quality today.

He also has the integrity not to post threads slagging off other members in absentia, but takes any grievance he has directly to them. It's called moral courage. Look it up.

12. Ok, i retract my call for the O2 tag, was rash on my part. I just wanted to know other peoples views in Sven were, yes he does annoy me at times, and yes i do think he is somewhere to the left Communist party, but i will also agree he is good at piecing together an arguement and doesn't fanny around with his views.

13. Why not meet him and dine on his penis?

14. Why stop there?

If you want to be a proper millenium man than go down on his ass and eat him out as if you were munching on a honey dew melon.

On completion eg. sperm in your grid, batter him to death with a WW1 German helmet before raping him back to life.

I'm firm and trickling DNA.....................

15. Just can't sodding win round here. Final line is that i think sven is a tool but a decent one at that.
    On that note i'll just stop digging.