Is it me? MTP worn next to skin

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by tippler, Jun 20, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, a recent spell of warm weather saw me omit the tee shirt underneath. All day I felt like i was wearing sand paper and suffered all night. Yes, I am soft; but surely this shouldn't be? Does any one else suffer in silence for fear of abuse?
    Awaits abuse...............................

2. Clearly you didn't grow up wearing the brown KF shirts. If you did you would have developed resistance to this little problem. Instead you'll have to wash your MTP in hot water and add Comfort to your final rinse a few times. This will make your MTP feel softer on your skin and will remind you of being hugged by mummy...

• Like Like x 13
  3. Next time you have a shower... dry yourself with sandpaper!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Never worn it, but can't be worse than Shirt, KF.

• Like Like x 2
  5. It most certainly is you. You're clearly a Queg.

• Like Like x 1
  6. CanteenCowboy

CanteenCowboy LE Book Reviewer

It's you, you're young (and you sound quite sensitive, maybe you should seek out the 'one' called Jarrod, he will toughen you up) and you're skin will toughen with age. As to comparing MTP with shirt, KF, bah, give that to the modern army and you're feet wouldn't touch the ground before you were facing multiple charges of breaching human rights legislation.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Brown KFs!!!!! your memory must be in black and white.

You mean green, I've still got mine and tempted to still wear them. A good ironing on the first of the month kept them wrinkle free for 4 weeks.

• Like Like x 4
  8. I soaked my shirts, KF, in fabric softener, then shaved the inside with a bic.

shirthairy.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  9. Poof!!

You never experienced the joys of basic in winter when you were hit with the triple whammy of a freshly shaved neck, KF shirt and a brand new wooly pully!

My neck glowed in the dark for weeks, but it made a man of me!!

Happy days

• Like Like x 2
  10. You're in the AGC or the RAF Regt and I claim my £5.

• Like Like x 2
  11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

You are an Iron Hoof, I sleep naked wrapped up in old army blankets and I didnt even attend public school thats how hard I am!

• Like Like x 3
  12. Yeah man too 'ard for me. See in the RAF we check in, not dig in!

• Like Like x 2
  13. You mean you actually got ones that fitted? Where's the bus...

14. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Thats because they dont have storemen but suppliers the bastards, walks off muttering about being second class citizens!

• Like Like x 1